• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale 1494.6 Grams Scrap Silver Cadmium Contacts

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are never wrong I know. I apologize for posting a for sale add in the for sale section. I insulted Kurt no more than he insulted me. Or anyone else for that matter. I waited ten yrs to post because if I posted right away that would be would of been wrong also. My first post was on the Geo bs because Geo was wrong and no one would say. That was a Jerry Springer thread anyway. Kinda like this one now. Call a spade a spade.
S*** man, do you have a mirror?
We (I) are wrong very often, but not all the time. And when I am, I fess up and read to understand why.
What about you?

Yg I have a mirror. I got defensive. You guys do this to everyone. You dont tell them they dont know what they're talking about but certainly act like it. Then talk about all this unrelated to a sale post refining talk for no reason. Its a sale post. I know what I have. If someone that is interested doesnt, then they can ask me or research. Not tell me. I dont need everyone posting everything they know or think they know on my silver sales post.

Yg I have a mirror. I got defensive. You guys do this to everyone. You dont tell them they dont know what they're talking about but certainly act like it. Then talk about all this unrelated to a sale post refining talk for no reason. Its a sale post. I know what I have. If someone that is interested doesnt, then they can ask me or research. Not tell me. I dont need everyone posting everything they know or think they know on my silver sales post.
We do not do anything to anyone.
You posted blurry info an a product you had and reacted defensively when caught in the open.
Fair enough, but have you fessed up it would have stopped there.
In stead you are pushing it ahead of you. why?

We do not do anything to anyone.
You posted blurry info an a product you had and reacted defensively when caught in the open.
Fair enough, but have you fessed up it would have stopped there.
In stead you are pushing it ahead of you. why?
What are you even talking about?

There are many levels to this and it has gotten a bit out of hands.
This controversy was started by the standard thing.

The one posting cant see that the ones reading his post do not know what is in the mind of the poster.
We do not have a mind reading module in this forum (Pun and irony intended)

So what you actually posted of information and what we (the spectators) saw was quite different, hence my return questions in my first post.
Next you say you have posted details about your lot, to that I beg to differ,
it is not even close to give me any reason to want to buy it.
Then dont buy it bro. It doesnt need to make you happy or be your way. I posted what I have for sale in the FOR SALE section

"you've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run"
Kenny Rodgers, The Gambler

You should have folded and just supplied the information, now you're at the run phase.
I'm not running. I supplied the info and still telling you guys your uppity and act that way to everyone. The post has been updated with new not good enough info and pictures.

Wow I can't believe how long it took me to get through all that back and fourth folks, I mean dang! In fact I could only make it maybe 1/3 of the way before I gave up and just went thumb surfing as fast as I could to get to the bottom. Have you ever seen the movie grumpy old men?? Lol, I would like to make an offer! Are you accepting offers or are you firm on the $600? Thanks, you may now go back to your regularly schduled tennis match!
The kid!

Wow I can't believe how long it took me to get through all that back and fourth folks, I mean dang! In fact I could only make it maybe 1/3 of the way before I gave up and just went thumb surfing as fast as I could to get to the bottom. Have you ever seen the movie grumpy old men?? Lol, I would like to make an offer! Are you accepting offers or are you firm on the $600? Thanks, you may now go back to your regularly schduled tennis match!
The kid!
Offers are accepted

I apologize if I offended you Kurtak or anyone else. I think your a very knowledgeable individual. I did get defensive. I shouldn't have.

Apology excepted & thank you for your "personal" apology sent to me in a PM as well

I will reply to your PM to make an offer as I was interested in this & still am

The reason I was/am interested in this is that though I have retired from refining for a living I still do a little hobby refining on the side & I happen to have a "small" batch of contact points in my stash & figured this would be a nice enough addition to what I already have to make it more worth while running what I have

So hopefully we can still make a deal

Kurt

I'm not running. I supplied the info and still telling you guys your uppity and act that way to everyone. The post has been updated with new not good enough info and pictures.

Unfortunately, your edits make the thread more confusing. Please consider posting additional information rather than changing/deleting/adding information to posts which have already received responses.

What is confusing about 1494.6 grams of sulver cadmium contacts for sale? I dont get it. That js what the post is about as the original listing says. What makes it more confusing is when someone unnecessarily posts their opinion instead of a offer or question that can help them make a offer. Posting opinions not even related to silver contacts confuses me. Not sure how thats relevant.

What is confusing about 1494.6 grams of sulver cadmium contacts for sale? I dont get it. That js what the post is about as the original listing says. What makes it more confusing is when someone unnecessarily posts their opinion instead of a offer or question that can help them make a offer. Posting opinions not even related to silver contacts confuses me. Not sure how thats relevant.
Your silent editing of your posts makes it confusing and it is against the forum rules, you have been a member for a very long time and not posted much until lately, still you should know the forum rules.

I have moderated you first post to reflect initial and edited versions.

At this point & time there is no need for further replies to this thread as it looks like urachoch & I are going to make a deal on this

I made an offer & he feels it is an acceptable offer - so - we are currently in the process of exchanging contact info in order to seal the deal

If that changes we will certainly let the forum know by posting it here - but for now it is a deal "that is happening" so no need for further comment in this thread at this time

looking forward to reporting back when it is a done deal - & a deal gone good

Kurt

Up date

I agreed to buy the points from urachoch for his $600 asking price plus his shipping cost ($11 small flat rate) on the terms that I would make payment by sending a check within 24 hours of receiving the points

I received the points yesterday afternoon when I got home from work & the points where what he claimed in his add here so I went straight to the post office to send his check ($611)

He should receive his check this Saturday (Monday at the latest)

All done with USPS flat rate shipping so tracking numbers provided in both directions

From what I can see it looks like the tungsten points are MUCH less then what said - more like 2 or 3 % instead of the 20 % he posted here on the forum - so - GOOD DEAL :D (y)

Kurt

Glad you were able to come to an agreement !!!
Those types of contacts are hands down my favorite sources of silver to refine, I absolutely enjoy them, the types with the tungsten wafer are a little tricky, it's a pain when you don't know about it when you do a larger batch and you accidentally put some tungsten into solution, as soon as you see a blue substance climbing your buchner funnel you know that it happened lol.
Tungsten is the only metal that when in solution tried to climb up the wall of your funnel or beaker.
There may be other metals that do this same odd thing but it is a pain to remove, several filters later lol

Back