• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

50 kilos gold bars x day from Peru

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I think your both singing from the same or a similar music sheet.
Scott is our white knight when scams raise their ugly heads, he's destroyed many in a very logical and understandable way that even a thicket like me can follow, I always have been sceptical when large amounts of values are talked about and always will be but there are those who believe or hope that's it's going to be their saviour and the road to riches beyond their wildest dreams, it usually becomes a nightmare of unimanagable extent.
Jimmy you took a calculated risk and paid for your success by damn hard work and by remaining sceptical of get rich quick fixes or ideas. I'm aware that many shall we say underdeveloped countries have volumes of gold, much of which never makes the statistics for the obvious reasons but trying to join in this particular field of gold trading takes the right contacts and in the field experience, it's not a world for the inexperienced or hopeful get rich quick individuals, this I believe Jimmy your not and I'm sure you have first hand knowledge of this particular country and how it works but I think Scott's warning holds for most members.

He's pretty persistant for a scammer.

Let's put an end to the debate, when can I come to Peru to audit what you say you can provide?

SBrown said:
I don't like arguing, we are on the same page there. And although my post might sound a bit aggressive or insulting, it wasn't my intent.

I dealt in international trade like I have said before, for a decade. I have heard first hand, numerous people being ripped off on deals just exactly like this. Because I do understand that this type of deal is bogus, without a doubt, I feel that I should warn people in the same way that people warn about safety. It's what the forum is all about, making sure that we continue to accumulate correct and exact information to help us all better ourselves.

I also feel that if I am not standing up for something, I might as well fall for anything.

With that being said, that was a cute remark about spending money. I laughed, and I mean that in the best way possible. I didn't fail because I spent money, I walked away from international trade after a large transaction was absconded and I was responsible for paying the brokers involved what I legally was obliged to according to the broker agreements I signed. The person I worked with walked with the money that was suppose to pay them out. And I think we all understand what happened in the real estate market. I want to be clear on this point because I live a simple life, and I don't want people getting the wrong impression about the type of person I am. My reputation as being honest, conservative and trustworthy means a lot to me.

I didn't take offense however because this has afforded me the opportunity to express the type of person I hope other people see me as being. So no harm, no foul and no apology is necessary.

If I did offend you, I apologize, like I said it wasn't my intent. My blunt, say exactly what I think and feel personality has got me into trouble more than a few times but I can assure you I am not here to offend anyone, and so far as this thread is concerned I am just simply stating truth so that the scam artists get the picture and stop trying to scam us here. Every once in awhile there is a rash of these characters on this forum, you can search and see what I mean.

And if I posted incorrect information, please correct me. I would appreciate it. I don't mind criticism or being corrected when I am wrong, it makes me a better person in the end. It's practice for being a better person.

I also think it's great you started from nothing and built something out of it. While attending college, if it wasn't for cup-noodles, I think I would have starved. I understand exactly how that feels. In your case, your risk paid off but I get the feeling that it was well calculated because you do not seem like you are stupid at all.

Scott

No offense taken. Dont worry. I have thick skin. :lol:

A lot of gold these days and industrial metels is going to China. China sends people to buy undocumented gold bars and bring them back to China. Kind of wierd if you ask me. They never pay spot either. They want 5-10% below spot but pay in cash and buy lots. This has really helped to drive the small miners to produce.

Back