7.75 lbs fingers, processed with AR

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we have a language barrier here. No worries, I just don't think we are understanding each other.

nch said:
In accordance with the membership of this forum, although I have not participated in the contest, I consider this topic, a fake contest roughly in line with this topic!
My apologies to those who support this forum, to the extent that I was wrong! Fake!
Minimum common sense I learned from Steve, GSP, and even from "mic" and all these participants ......
..................... :cry:

Regards

I do believe the man begs to differ. Rotfl

I think he doesn't agree with;

-the amount from the fingers?
-the way the contest was run?
-or all of the above?

Jim

This post is starting to remind me of my wife, I get more confused every time I see it.... :|

Maybe he has some issues with translator. It never translate properly. Maybe something got translated wrong and then whole thing look not right. However to say that something is fake is not right unless you can prove your opinion with arguments.
There is no such a thing as identical batch of fingers if they comes from different boards, computers or telecom stuff. Some people may get higher yield some lower it also depend on experience and process used.
Look can be very deceiving - I once asked about estimate and some people estimated double of what was there, some people less:
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=9457

Some people reported even higher yields than mic got from similar material. I cant see where is any gain for Johnny on this allegedly fake contest, as far as I can see he is losing pentium pro and few extra $ for postage. :lol:

Mic was processing some material and offered a prize if someone guessed the yield, postage included. That nice offer has been screwed up in more than one way. If I were him I would not bother doing it again as this thread shows what a sour taste such a gesture can leave in ones mouth.

What a sad thing to have to say.

Great,I have to get up from being sick all night....to this.
Thank you oz for the kind words.
Pat,my wife has your address and will be mailing it off today.
Going to find some soup.

Mic

I think your contest idea and gesture is very nice, adding to the community feeling here on the board.

As a newbie, I think what mic did was great! It is encouraging to see such yields. I have sold over a ton of gold bearing boards from high-end super computers and other such, and am now a little sick about the money I got for it. I will be trying this soon and would be happy to get anything near the yields that mic is getting. This is a big forum. Can someone send me to a good place for a newbie to get started?

Thanks

P.S. mic, go get yourself some colloidal silver. It really does work.

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=6873#6873
Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of learning waiting for you here. That link is the best place to start!

mic said:
Great,I have to get up from being sick all night....to this.
Thank you oz for the kind words.
Pat,my wife has your address and will be mailing it off today.
Going to find some soup.

I think I'd file this life experience under the epithet "No good deed goes unpunished". Some people will just never be happy no matter what the outcome. It was a nice gesture and the rest of us appreciated it.

Thanks,
macfixer01

HI
My name is rob, new to the form
been following your thread. I goto say thanx i havn't had a good laugh in a long time
I mean that in a good way u guys are alright

congrats on your yeilds thats awesome sh*t

I had about the same 7 lbs last night in a pyrex measuring cup w/ AR
tried to heat it now it's all over the driveway ,rosebushes, yard,sidewalk :x :x

So it wasn't pyrex

The good thing is it looks like it snowed here last night :lol: :lol:
about 5 lb of baking soda

another expensive lesson

anyways you will be hearing me again thanx ...now were to post a que......

please can someone help i am new to gold recovery and i have been collecting old mobile phones memory cpu's and many other thing that are gold plated and i need to now how to recover the gold from the acid and will other metal be in this and how do i get them out. thank you.

barnes8888 said:
please can someone help i am new to gold recovery and i have been collecting old mobile phones memory cpu's and many other thing that are gold plated and i need to now how to recover the gold from the acid and will other metal be in this and how do i get them out. thank you.

You are on very right place to find out answers to most of your questions. Please take some time and read through forum. Go here first:
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=6873#6873
Then download Hoke book from my signature and start reading.

My guess is 25.5 grams. Although I hope it is much more. I have some fingers/boards to process but not that much.

I am sorry,but the contest was over about 6 months ago.But I wish you the best of yields on your material.

Back