A gallery of home built hoods and fume scrubbers _hood_

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With due respect, but isn't this what we should be going after in order for increased retention
Yes but a spherical glass marble has less surface area than a structured packing like bio balls. And the surface area is what helps with retention time. Glass marbles will work if you have nothing else. I have seen whiffle balls used as well as hair curlers and short segments of PVC pipe. Just use whatever is inert and has a lot of surface area.

Marble chips are usually white, those do not appear to be marble, which is recrystallized limestone.
Yes sir, I know I have the marbles but I shared these pebble pics as Ill have to make a purchase. They come cheap. Otherwise Ill have to go miles out towards the other side of the city to get them for free..

I have seen whiffle balls used as well as hair curlers and short segments of PVC pipe.
I do have an idea of what you're saying, ive seen it too. Not as in scrubbing though but in fish tanks as bio balls.. Would these ceramic bio balls work?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-10-13-23-15-27-23_f9b251d62f6eb22790b83e2e3c410dd0.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-10-13-23-15-27-23_f9b251d62f6eb22790b83e2e3c410dd0.jpg
    471.2 KB

Latest posts

Back