advice on fume scrubber _fumescrubber_

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy enough to put a vacuum guage on it, like I said this will be the most important piece of equipment I will ever have, safety first, the other thing I am studying at the moment is safely dealing with the waste, when I am confident of that only then will I start refining
delboy9891, I could suggest a vacuum valve, you need a vacuum however a slight reduction in vacuum may slow the velocity of the fume going through your system. In my situation, we are installing Column Scrubbers with Glass Barrel media to slow down and diffuse the fume.

Attachments

• vacuum valve.png
    vacuum valve.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Column Scrubber.png
    Column Scrubber.png
    566 KB · Views: 1
Easy enough to put a vacuum guage on it, like I said this will be the most important piece of equipment I will ever have, safety first, the other thing I am studying at the moment is safely dealing with the waste, when I am confident of that only then will I start refining
you can neutralize any waste to pH of 7

we are installing Column Scrubbers with Glass Barrel media to slow down and diffuse the fume.
Those are nice columns, how tall are they? As suggested a vacuum valve to slow down the airflow to better match the flow generated by the eductor with the size of the column. Remember the retention time for the fume in the column is what makes this work. And all glass gives the advantage of seeing the color of the fume to determine when you need new chemistry.

Glassware is where it's at. It can be done a lot of ways once you have the basic assembly. Everything begins small, as you find success growth begins in the size of your capabilities. I deal with ores exclusively, I'm no longer dealing with refining as it's too competitive to get the gold to refine.
All ores must start with Pre-treatment, no pre-treatment and you'll never see the gold. He's a few basic starters in Pre-treatment roasts, but there are many others. Breaking complexes is what I do. There isn't any New Chemistry, what I do is apply different applications to existing technology. No Hocus-Pocus, just analytical chemistry.

Attachments

• Glass-Column-Components.pdf
    839.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Glass-Column-Packing_Ablaze.pdf
    434.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Mobile-Pilot-jacketed-reactor_Ablaze.pdf
    388.2 KB · Views: 1
  • My Lab in Arizona.jpg
    My Lab in Arizona.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 0
  • my setup1.jpg
    my setup1.jpg