Aqua Regia 1:4 VS Aqua Regia 1:3 which one is stronger?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zachy said:
that diseases given to friends? but they are still alive? or given a temporary allergy?
The allergy is NOT temporary. Arthur kierski is one of the members I mentioned.
Arthur kierski said:
the platinum salt is very dangerous to me---it gives me lung trouble as soon as it is dried
You can read a bit more in the precipitating pd from an ar solution wth copper thread. Pay close attention to Lou's warning. He knows what he's talking about.

Dave

Dave and thank you very much to all of the forum,
one last question, you better do against evaporation to flow? or just with the container uncovered? platinum lost you there while the evaporation takes place? or if you lost platinum while the reduction is? platinum can be evaporated? or it happens like gold in a state of auric chloride evaporates easily. I have not lost precious metal.

thank you. :mrgreen:

zachy said:
Dave and thank you very much to all of the forum,
one last question, you better do against evaporation to flow? or just with the container uncovered? platinum lost you there while the evaporation takes place? or if you lost platinum while the reduction is? platinum can be evaporated? or it happens like gold in a state of auric chloride evaporates easily. I have not lost precious metal.

thank you. :mrgreen:
I'm not sure if I really understand your question, but I'm guessing you're concerned about losses in your processes.

Since I'm not equipped to deal with platinum, I've followed my own advice and not processed any, so my knowledge of platinum is based on what I've read.

I don't know if you might lose any platinum in the process of evaporating a solution, but I would suspect it's possible, as those who have become sensitized can have problems if they get near the salts in solution. If you precipitate the salts, then calcine them, it is very easy to lose some due to volatilization.

Dave

and I could achieve melt platinum, in a very controlled way, so I refined, it is somewhat complicated but I've managed to end up happy, and very low or even no losses, I mounted the casting process Platinum for jewelery, alloyed iridium.

zachy, glad to hear from you again on this thread. It's been a while. I'm glad you're enjoying success. Please continue to be careful with the PGMs. Their effect is cumulative. Glad to hear you're doing well!

Dave

I'm going to add my own warning to Daves.

Be very very careful when refining PGMs as Dave pointed out the effects are cumulative and no two people have the same tolerance to their effects, you will not realise your ill until too late.
Although you are working with a fume hood I hope you also have good scrubbing systems to scrub the fumes which are just as toxic as the solutions, you really need to have the proper equipment to refine PGMs safely so if you are making money spend some on keeping you and everyone around you healthy.

Latest posts

Back