Avoid GRC in NY

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devildog

Hello all,
I sent some silver, about a Kilo to GRC in New York. This was half of my last silver refine.
Relieved a call about 5 days after it arrived there and was told it's purity was .971 pure. They pay 90% of the value.
Sent the check in the mail rather quickly, only the same day it arrived, so did my XRF gun...
I then tested the remainder of the silver I had from that refine I did, and it tested .995 purity. So they got 10% of the value they gave, and an additional sum of money by being dishonest saying my silver was lower purity then it was.
Avoid them by all means. Terrible way to make money by shaving points...
CHEERS!

Seems you were treated much like they were treated in this thread

The ethos of the middleman culture "buy low sell high" still is alive and prospering. At a purity of .971 they can claim it needs to be refined. At .995 that isn't quite true.

Seems you were treated much like they were treated in this thread

The ethos of the middleman culture "buy low sell high" still is alive and prospering. At a purity of .971 they can claim it needs to be refined. At .995 that isn't quite true.
Yes indeed. I am an honest, old school southern raised man. A man's word and handshake is everything. But, unfortunately everyone is not the same way.

Lesson learned and luckily, I found a local buyer who's just as honest as I am. Two clicks from my house. I wish I would've known that before I shipped what I did out. But, every lesson is education.

Lesson learned and luckily, I found a local buyer who's just as honest as I am. Two clicks from my house. I wish I would've known that before I shipped what I did out. But, every lesson is education.
As important as it is to inform our members of bad experiences and identify the company involved, as you did, it is equally helpful to identify the information about the good experience. It may help the local buyer build his business and help others.

As important as it is to inform our members of bad experiences and identify the company involved, as you did, it is equally helpful to identify the information about the good experience. It may help the local buyer build his business and help others.
I have no good experience with GRC. They're in New York and I'm in Virginia. The local buyer I found after GRC cheating me, is located here in Vienna VA. It's called Cameo Coin. Man has been there for 3 decades or more. Amazing man and very knowledgeable.

His coin knowledge is also unbelievable. He's a encyclopedia of knowledge. Older man, but that's my kind of crowd. You can learn a lot of life from the older generation. You can't learn anything from today's generation. This new generation.

I don´t like this urge of the buyers to shaft you at least by some little amount somewhere... I have seen XRF callibrated low (like you experienced), or some absurd things like "processing loss" when material was already metallic, "melting loss" on apparently metallic and clean silver ingot... And yeah, getting like 70-80% spot for silver.

Honestly, I am quite jealous about US buying prices. Fortunately, I do not have anything to sell right now... Things were working like this here for long long time. No decent, legal established buyer with inhouse XRF paying fairly. Because offering 70% spot on 1,5 kg 998 silver I consider not a lowball, but robbery.

Latest posts

Back