Back yard Prospecting

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not saying I wouldn't tuck it away in the bottom of my pack for sure! Nice find, the kind of story that makes people go out and buy metal detectors.
I have a picture of my son when he walked into the kitchen with that in his hand. It was winter and he had on rain gear, and we had a fire going in the cook stove great memories.

A piece of quartz float I picked up near the barn that looked interesting. I busted it up with a single jack and ran though the jaw crusher and washed the crush. The fines off the crush contain some gold dust I still have the crushed material to run through the chain mill. The chain mill had problems hole in the screen and bolts coming loose sounded like end of days for the mill. Repaired with parts on hand and ordered new parts to hold the screen down. Not all lost look what was hiding under the damaged parts it will pay for the new parts. Happy Mining

Attachments

• 20241018_095418.jpg
    20241018_095418.jpg
    971.2 KB
  • 20241018_095110.jpg
    20241018_095110.jpg
    273.1 KB
  • 20241018_095042.jpg
    20241018_095042.jpg
    2.1 MB
  • 20241023_095012.jpg
    20241023_095012.jpg
    1.1 MB
A piece of quartz float I picked up near the barn that looked interesting. I busted it up with a single jack and ran though the jaw crusher and washed the crush. The fines off the crush contain some gold dust I still have the crushed material to run through the chain mill. The chain mill had problems hole in the screen and bolts coming loose sounded like end of days for the mill. Repaired with parts on hand and ordered new parts to hold the screen down. Not all lost look what was hiding under the damaged parts it will pay for the new parts. Happy Mining
Just hoping you get so much Au, that you are brushing your teeth with the stuff.

Latest posts

Back