Building scrubber

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emryst

Long post so apologies for that.

I saw this design from one of the fellow members here, you prolly saw the post. My question maybe simple or not I am not sure as I have zero idea in the math to calculate the flow rate needed or maybe even whats to much. My plan is going at it with test runs with basic water when I have it completed. I don't have a fan of any type so I have to buy one. I'm working in my shed that I have retro fitted with plywood walls and put winindow a/c as i had been using it as a work shop of sorts.
Anyway to get to my question this set up would this fan have too much power in flow rate or not enough? I don't want to go wasting money on fans or anything only to have find out it's too much and should have got another one.

As far as the plans go I'm gonna follow it pretty close to plan. Tho I'm having some concerns as to how to solve the air tight system at the bucket with the pipes and hose from pump but not my biggest issue.

I'm sure I have other concerns but at the moment this is my first as I'm wanting to make purchase so I can get building it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240922_171834_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240922_171834_Chrome.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240924_001242_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240924_001242_Chrome.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 0
Long post so apologies for that.

I saw this design from one of the fellow members here, you prolly saw the post. My question maybe simple or not I am not sure as I have zero idea in the math to calculate the flow rate needed or maybe even whats to much. My plan is going at it with test runs with basic water when I have it completed. I don't have a fan of any type so I have to buy one. I'm working in my shed that I have retro fitted with plywood walls and put winindow a/c as i had been using it as a work shop of sorts.
Anyway to get to my question this set up would this fan have too much power in flow rate or not enough? I don't want to go wasting money on fans or anything only to have find out it's too much and should have got another one.

As far as the plans go I'm gonna follow it pretty close to plan. Tho I'm having some concerns as to how to solve the air tight system at the bucket with the pipes and hose from pump but not my biggest issue.

I'm sure I have other concerns but at the moment this is my first as I'm wanting to make purchase so I can get building it.
Sorry I forgot to mention in post the fans specs state 700cfm as noted in the Pic attached. It's like 38 bucks from amazon.

Latest posts

Back