Ceramic cpu's/batch

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Palladium said:
Pumice said:
Palladium said:
How many total chips do you have to process?
Thats is why I am wondering about how many chips experienced members can do in 1 batch.

There again it's according to what type of chips you have. You can do as many as your process will allow. Here is some pictures of how i'm processing some chips now. I think this is close to 500 chips and i'm doing them in a 5 gallon bucket set up. I take and set the 5 gallon bucket in a 5 gallon stainless pot and it leaves room for water to take up the extra space around the plastic bucket. It works like a steam bath. Place a lid on the 5 gallon bucket, set it on a turkey frier stand and turn it on low for about 24 hours.

Nice idea Palladium- what process are you using here ie: nitric leach?, ar? Thanks

Dennis

Hey guys

Nice palladium
How does that bucket hold up
How hot does the water get and what
Do you add to.the bucket (nitric,hcl,
Hcl +peroxide) or do you go strait to
AR
I have been reading the merged cpu.
Thread (18 pages) but its just all over
The place.
One thing i was.wondering is can you
Use A/P for base metals and Hcl/bleach
Instead of AR on ceramics

Sorry if my questions are out of place
It seemed like this thread was near done
But ill actually post a new topic when done reading
Everything

Thanks Steyr223 rob

I use straight Ar on just about all my ceramic chips. The bucket holds up fine. It may get a little distorted but it doesn't compromise the integrity of the bucket. You can just about boil water in it. Have you ever seen the trick where people boil water in a Styrofoam cup or plastic spoon? You just can't run enough chips in beakers when you are trying to run production. Plus the ceramic chips will beat and scratch the crap out of your beakers like little razors.

Latest posts

Back