chips

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry, I should add that I normally add the nitrate to the water with the material in the beaker. There will be an endothermic reaction and the glass will frost over with condensation. Add the sulfuric acid very slowly in a small stream while moving. Do not add to one spot. There is a risk that it will flash steam and spatter droplets every where. I never add more than 50ml to 1800ml in a 2000ml beaker. I make a saturated 500ml solution of nitrate and water. Add that to the beaker and increase to the 1800ml mark with water. Add the sulfuric acid and heat. Heat slowly and increase heat gradually. There will be a point where the nitrate will have a sudden reaction. If it's not too hot the reaction will die down but if the reaction is too hot, there is the real possibility that it will boil over. Use a catch basin. Non-reactive catch basin. If it does boil over, no harm.

Why send him down the sep of nitric first.

This is a case of strait AR. The lids are long gone and it's really just the gold braze and plating that's left.

Eric

Geo said:
I'm sorry, I should add that I normally add the nitrate to the water with the material in the beaker. There will be an endothermic reaction and the glass will frost over with condensation. Add the sulfuric acid very slowly in a small stream while moving. Do not add to one spot. There is a risk that it will flash steam and spatter droplets every where. I never add more than 50ml to 1800ml in a 2000ml beaker. I make a saturated 500ml solution of nitrate and water. Add that to the beaker and increase to the 1800ml mark with water. Add the sulfuric acid and heat. Heat slowly and increase heat gradually. There will be a point where the nitrate will have a sudden reaction. If it's not too hot the reaction will die down but if the reaction is too hot, there is the real possibility that it will boil over. Use a catch basin. Non-reactive catch basin. If it does boil over, no harm.

thanks Geo. by the way, I watch a lot of posts on youtube and I regularly follow francois pelle, dusan, sreetips, owltech, bohumil graman and some others that I know are realistic and can be learned a lot. I also watched your posts. I am very grateful for your answers. thanks again Geo.

Latest posts

Back