Distilled Water

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a condenser tumble dryer, would the water collected in that be distilled and clean enough?

That was not an intelligent response, try again!
Your response made no sense to me, so I assumed it was an attempt to be funny so I responded in the same way.

So lets try again, what do you not know what is?
My response or ???

I don't know what that is.You described something unfamiliar to me so I responded accordingly. Your other source of distilled water did not compute so who could understand it?
Nountaineer, please do not edit your posts after someone has responded to them without indicating what you have edited. It is against forum rules because it can obscure why someone has replied the way they have.

Your original post simply said "I don't know what that is." By editing twice and adding the extra text, it causes confusion as to why Yggdrasil responded the way he did.

Dave

I don't know what that is.You described something unfamiliar to me so I responded accordingly. Your other source of distilled water did not compute so who could understand it?
Not my source of water, you should have responded to the one I replied to, not me.
I just said he would need to filter it.

Maybe check if you reply to the correct poster.

Some residential clothes dryers condense the water rather than vent the moist air. Since there is no fractional distillation to the process, It seems to me the condensed water could be contaminated. Also, the rather violent tumble drying process would place unwanted things in the exhaust stream that would be condensed - or simply fall into the condensate. So, there's good reason to think it shouldn't be assumed to meet distilled water standards - but is it good enough? You'd have to test to know.

Back