DMG powder supplier anyone ?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lou said:
Ok. I agree.

FYI, the supplier I have given you is a reliable supplier of it.

Indeed, City Chemical is a very good supplier and their price for DMG is ok.

UncleBenBen said:
So now I have 100 grams of what may or may not be DMG, contaminated with who knows what that I will have to do something with.

You can test it with Pd solution :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

samuel-a said:
UncleBenBen said:
So now I have 100 grams of what may or may not be DMG, contaminated with who knows what that I will have to do something with.
You can test it with Pd solution :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Or a nickel solution. Dissolve some filings from a U.S. nickel in a couple of drops of water and nitric acid. Add a few drops of ammonia to make the solution basic. Then add a drop or two of the suspect DMG solution.

Dave

samuel-a said:
You can test it with Pd solution

LOL! Good point Sam! I just happen to have some that I've been saving until I learned more about it. I'll test it out in the next couple days probably.

FrugalRefiner said:
Or a nickel solution. Dissolve some filings from a U.S. nickel in a couple of drops of water and nitric acid. Add a few drops of ammonia to make the solution basic. Then add a drop or two of the suspect DMG solution.

Dave

Still waiting on the nitric until the lab is done. That may turn out to be much sooner than I thought. But I think I will make a bit of Steve's cold nitric though. I do enjoy testing stuff, that should make it a little easier.

Thanks fellas.

Latest posts

Back