Furnace guy is here

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to this Forum Baghban. I see you have a wonderful rotaory Furnace. but that type of Furnace is normally used as an Oxidising Furnace by the colour
of the out going Flame it is definately bright Orange meaning to much oxygen being used. A reducing flame is usually Blue in colour. Try this by adjusting
an Oxy-acetalyne Torch, you will only be able weld with a Reducing Flame. The same will happen in a Furnace. What you should be using is a Muffel Furnace.
I once processed a 60 ton slag heap from a company that recoverd Silver from the Bearings off Scrap Jet engines. The reducing agent for your Slag will be
powdered Charcoul mixed in will the crushed Slag, then You also have to use a Slag Thinning addetive
we use diesel as fuel and this color is because of we need high temperature. After this we deliver crude lead and take that for oxidizing in cupellation furnace.
But about blue flame I learned the Blue flame is oxidizing because it burns completely

I don't know about muffle furnace, I'll search about it. Thank you.

I once processed a 60 ton slag heap from a company that recoverd Silver from the Bearings off Scrap Jet engines.

Such a great heap to recover 😍
And Exactly I use crushed slag and some additive.

We use this furnace for lead and other base metal oxidizing to make silver dor or copper anode

Attachments

• 13-5-scaled.jpg
    13-5-scaled.jpg
    589.9 KB

Latest posts

Back