Give me a problem to solve...

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
acpeacemaker said:
If you took 100 kg of stones and 100 kg of feathers, which would you think is heavier? :mrgreen:

Trick question dude. You'd look at 100Kg of feathers and cry when you had to move it.

g_axelsson said:
A lot of the stability of a bicycle is in the angle the steering column makes with the vertical axis. The front wheel is located a bit in front of the vertical line from the bearings. I looked into it 25 years ago as an assignment in physical modelling and I soon found out that the problem is quite intricate and a lot more advanced than people might think.

Göran

How much does the angle need to be adjusted for each beer consumed?? :lol:

HI IM NOT SMART AT THIS IT MY FIRST POST. I AM A BATTERY BUYER OF SILVER OXIDE BUTTON CELL BATTERYS BUT I DONT NOW HOW MUCH SILVER IS THIERI A POUND OF BATTERY OR HOW TO REFINE IT OR WHO TO GO TO TO HAVE IT DONE PLEASE HELP.

GIOL, please don't double post. I deleted your other post.

Also, do not post in all capital letters. It is considered shouting and is against our rules.

Welcome to the forum.

Dave

A woman have a little hotel but very seldom any guests. One day 3 guys showing up and ask for a room and how much it is. The woman thinking a little then charge them 10$ each. Total 30$. The men goes to their rooms but the woman start to think she charged them too much. She there for sends her son to the men with 5$. On the way the boy is thinking about how in the under earth he is going to split 5$ on 3 men. He takes a drastic decision. He steals 2 $ and puts in his own pocket. Then he give the men 1$ each.

Now the men have paid 9$ each. Total 3x9= 27$
The boy have stolen 2$
27+2=29$
Were is the last 1$ ?

anachronism said:
acpeacemaker said:
If you took 100 kg of stones and 100 kg of feathers, which would you think is heavier? :mrgreen:

Trick question dude. You'd look at 100Kg of feathers and cry when you had to move it.

Of course a 100 kilograms of anything wouldn't be light =) I asked 3 people this same old question after I wrote this. 2 actually said one over the other lol. Its funny how the mind works. Theres the other saying with math and sixty cups. (6 teacups.) :mrgreen:

Shark said:
g_axelsson said:
A lot of the stability of a bicycle is in the angle the steering column makes with the vertical axis. The front wheel is located a bit in front of the vertical line from the bearings. I looked into it 25 years ago as an assignment in physical modelling and I soon found out that the problem is quite intricate and a lot more advanced than people might think.

Göran

How much does the angle need to be adjusted for each beer consumed?? :lol:

Maybe the real reason for 3.2 beer?

Rachello said:
Maybe it lies in the gold in the "underearth"...lol
R

There are no $ in the big fire assay since they have no real value. They just go up in smoke so to say. If with a sulfur smell its petro $.

Math with missing values loses $1.00

That dollar is with one of the 25 dollars lady received.
The men paid 27 dollars, ($30) paid original and were refunded $3, while, the boy holds 2 stolen dollars, the lady holds 25 dollars, the men hold 3 dollars.
men 3 + woman 25 + boy2 = 30

butcher said:
Math with missing values loses $1.00

That dollar is with one of the 25 dollars lady received.
The men paid 27 dollars, ($30) paid original and were refunded $3, while, the boy holds 2 stolen dollars, the lady holds 25 dollars, the men hold 3 dollars.
men 3 + woman 25 + boy2 = 30

That is what is called correct math. I take my hat of for you.

stella polaris said:
A woman have a little hotel but very seldom any guests. One day 3 guys showing up and ask for a room and how much it is. The woman thinking a little then charge them 10$ each. Total 30$. The men goes to their rooms but the woman start to think she charged them too much. She there for sends her son to the men with 5$. On the way the boy is thinking about how in the under earth he is going to split 5$ on 3 men. He takes a drastic decision. He steals 2 $ and puts in his own pocket. Then he give the men 1$ each.

Now the men have paid 9$ each. Total 3x9= 27$
The boy have stolen 2$
27+2=29$
Were is the last 1$ ?
Math order of operations.

I was taught PEMDAS or Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally.

First parenthesis, exponents, division/multiplication, addition/subtraction.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

stella polaris" poat. On the way the boy is thinking about how in the under earth he is going to split 5$ on three men. [/quote said:
It was a joke, maybe in poor taste, but to all the ppl that do not have English as a first language; I apologize :lol:

R.

:roll:
A boy has as many sisters as brothers, but each sister has only half as many sisters as brothers.

How many brothers and sisters are there in the family?

R

Two travellers spend from 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock walking along a level road, up a hill and back again. Their pace is 4 mph on the level, 3 mph uphill, and 6 mph downhill.

How far do they walk and at what time do they reach the top of the hill?

R

Platdigger said:
Well, to you brothers and sister one: 4 boys and 3 girls.

You have to love the riddle-me-nots! Kudo's to you!

Here is another for you to solve...I have two boys & one girl. It's late @ night & I decide to level the playing field. What is the most probable solution to my problem....lol :lol:

R.

99 wolves and a sheep are on the meadow.
Every wolf wants to eat the sheep, but when a wolf eats the sheep, it itself turns into a sheep. Which (of course) doesn't want to be eaten.
If we assume that wolves know that, also they can think logically and count, will the sheep be eaten?

Rachello said:
Two travellers spend from 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock walking along a level road, up a hill and back again. Their pace is 4 mph on the level, 3 mph uphill, and 6 mph downhill.

How far do they walk and at what time do they reach the top of the hill?

R

24 miles- 3:30

Back