gold in solution lost on how to recover

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just posted the answer to my question after hours of looking for the answer. Not really looking to blow anyone's mind. Just waiting on the tin chloride. Will post some pics later on in the week.......

yusuf1986 said:
Geo, there are several variables involved when recovering gold. It's not like one method works for all, simply looking into research gate will show you some things that will blow your mind.

You have it backwards here --- what Geo knows about the recovery &/or refining of gold would most likely blow YOUR mind - he has been an "active" member of this forum for more then 4 years --- trust me when I say you have a loooong way to go (research/study to do) before you catch up to what he knows about it

Kurt

I would not hesitate to say that it would take decades for any one person to learn what GSP, Geo, Butcher, Harold_V, Irons, Lou, Solar Plasm and a host of others have taught on this forum. Many of these people have spent most of their lifetimes in this business and the experience they have shared freely with the rest of us cannot be quickly learned.

Edited to add Geo to the list of names. Don't know how I inadvertently missed him. Sorry, Geo. It was not on purpose.

That was a complete failure folks, I bought the tin chloride and there was no gold in the solution. The solution came out a cool baby blue color but nothing. I think that I just had iron inside of the solution. I do want to know though, where did the gold flakes in the solution go? I was think tin chloride will make the gold drop to the floor. Any how, whatever is in there doesn't seem to be gold. I appreciate all the information folks.

If you just tried to drop your gold out of solution with SnCl2 you made a mistake.
If there was any gold present it is now suspended in your solution as colloidal gold.
You need to study before acting mate. That's the only way you are going to be successful in this venture.

Jon

Latest posts

Back