Gold inside chips (black, flatpacks - not CPU)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have to advise against even trying incineration with a lens, even the lens that has a linear focal point (which I have) will prove to be much work and time wasted for little gain. You need the type of heat a furnace or oven puts off to get proper and complete incineration. The heat from a lens will be a surface heat and you will have little control over temperature.

I had a picture up of mine from when I was depopulating chips from boards and I have to say it works quite well, plus your outside so any fumes can be blown away and being outside in the sun is not a bad thing.

g_axelsson said:
Fun experiment, but you should paint the bucket black and just put some mirrors around it. The energy collected by the fresnel lens can't be more than what sunlight passes through the lens and then is absorbed in the liquid. The bucket in itself would collect as much energy if the area was the same and it was black to better absorb the heat.A black pipe above it could be used as a chimney and suck the air from the bucket, that way you would increase evaporation by removing the heavy water vapors that forms an invisible cover.

Göran

I'm not sure you should use a metal container. It could be useful for direct incineration though.

https://youtu.be/i_8cynWnAw8

Geo said:
g_axelsson said:
Fun experiment, but you should paint the bucket black and just put some mirrors around it. The energy collected by the fresnel lens can't be more than what sunlight passes through the lens and then is absorbed in the liquid. The bucket in itself would collect as much energy if the area was the same and it was black to better absorb the heat.A black pipe above it could be used as a chimney and suck the air from the bucket, that way you would increase evaporation by removing the heavy water vapors that forms an invisible cover.

Göran

I'm not sure you should use a metal container. It could be useful for direct incineration though.

https://youtu.be/i_8cynWnAw8
Never said anything about a metal container. Of course it should be compatible with the liquid in the container and plastic is best for that.

Göran

After crushing the chip, the gold we obtained is pure or not. Can we sell that gold to jeweller shop. How much I get this. Actually I have lot of computers which are not working and it is good for me to earn some money from that. Please guide me..if this possible..

Juan Manuel Arcos Frank said:
Pat:

INDEED!!!!!!!!...I have bought your 2nd e-book and it is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!.Thanks for sharing.

Kindest regards.

Manuel

Hey Manuel --- good to see you pop in once in while - even its just to say hi

Kurt

Pat:

INDEED!!!!!!!!...I have bought your 2nd e-book and it is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!.Thanks for sharing.

Kindest regards.

Manuel

Manuel, thank you for kind words, they mean a lot for me. You are a legend for what you can do in silver field and I am honored to meet you here.

Well,here I am trying to process IC´s and BGA.

Here is a pic of some IC´s I have found.Do they worth?.How much gold can I recover from 20 kg?

Kindest regards.

Manuel
The first three are IC:s, more specific DIL capsules (Dual In Line pin) and the yellow one is a resistor array. Don't know about the exact content of the resistor but at least there are no gold in bond wires there.

For the IC:s I would expect 0.6-1.2 g/kg.
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=22581#p237261

Göran

Other values on those cards are tantalum capacitors and MLCC:s with palladium.

Göran

Here is what I meant. I break them only because I do have time to do it and because I am saving on fuel and time when incinerating, milling and sieving material. That center piece is where gold is so I do not bother with the rest. But if you do not pay too much for incineration or do not have time to cut them just go ahead and incinerate whole IC.

On one picture there is one IC with center broken and silicone die is exposed. I marked it with red circle. That is where goodies are.

Attachments

• 20150826_174025.jpg
    20150826_174025.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 1,112
Thanks,Goran!!!!.Do you know any process to recover Ta in capacitors?
Have a nice day.
Manuel
I just physically cut the tantalum capacitors off the boards and collect them for selling later on. There are at least two persons on the forum that buys the capacitors as they are.

On the first board it looks like you have one silver can type where the outer can is made from silver. Between the two banks of blue relays(?) there are three cylindrical capacitors, the first look like silver can tantalum while the two other ones looks like ordinary wet aluminum capacitors.

http://goldrefiningwiki.com/mediawiki/index.php/Tantalum

Göran

Some of them will have aluminium bonding wires some will have gold. You can see it through that small window. Some people just smash them with hammer in small pieces. It is possible to put them in fire and when heated they tend to easy split in 2 part along the middle where they are stuck together. I do not have any yield data as I always sold them on ebay as a part of lot of items I did not wanted to process.

Latest posts

Back