Gold reclamation business. Higher yields than furnace.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One point I will add is that your title claim might well be disputed by some of the very large mixed metal refineries , I know several members who use them regularly even though they can wet process in house , the one sticking point for most processors is volume, you have to have large regular throughput to even get some interest from them.

Well, I will say I've learned quite a lot about what this community is about. I am trying to straddle telling enough to the general public to garner interest, while at the same time staying within the guidelines based on the preferences of the owner of the company in terms of what to just put out there. That's troublesome, I understand that now. My intent was to garner interest and have an open, informative conversation with the potential customer. My initial hope was to see if people had any interest to then take it further with them personally and see if there was a fit between what they need and what we offer.

What you try to do is selling a car without anyone seeing it. I have some years behind me as a salesman, I have sold from promotional material to medical supplies and electronics, but I always had samples with me to show to the potential customer, what I was talking about.

If your owner has something so revolutionary that it can shift this industry, WHY isn`t that patented?

No offence mate, but all I sense is another type of "..22k-24k gold powder.."

Well, I will say I've learned quite a lot about what this community is about. I am trying to straddle telling enough to the general public to garner interest, while at the same time staying within the guidelines based on the preferences of the owner of the company in terms of what to just put out there. That's troublesome, I understand that now. My intent was to garner interest and have an open, informative conversation with the potential customer. My initial hope was to see if people had any interest to then take it further with them personally and see if there was a fit between what they need and what we offer.
I have not seen the actual difference between smelting recovey and your process.

What are typical smelter yields and at which percentage are you?

This will tell any potential customer what's to gain.

Then a second consideration is: what is the environmental impact of this new method compared to the conventional ones?
This is a big factor in choosing a partner these days, and will be even more so in the future.
my last though here is: we are a refining community. We are not e-waste scrappers, jewelers or miners who have material we can't process. Most of us do our own work and get great results.
So what's in it for 'us'?
What are the processing costs in comparison?
Sell that product! Make it irresistibly shiny!

Here we are already beginning to shape strategic canvas and the key advantages of someone else’s product, and most importantly, for some reason, it’s free for him... ;)

My previous employer paid consultants $200 per hour for business consulting...
Maybe the author would like to pay us too? ;)

Let’s make it very simple.

Why would I choose to use the company you represent over any other one and in the same business?

Edit for clarity

Last edited:
So if I understand what you are saying here is that - If I call & talk to you personally & ask all the questions being asked here on the open forum - then - you will answer all those (same) questions with transparency ?

Kurt
The short answer to your question is yes. I am tasked with finding interest in our business. That would lead to a conversation with our owner and things would go from there if a business relationship made sense for both parties.

Frankly, I do believe I've made a mistake with the wording and forwardness of my original message. With ignorance on my part, I did not intend to mislead anyone.

I may have missed this in the ensuing thread, however do you pay based on that sample or pay on the post recovery result?
We analyze samples that a customer sends. That is to give an idea to the customer what return can be expected from a particular type of material.

Ultimately a customer will get paid based on the post recovery result.

Sorry I had to pry that out of you. South central Pennsylvanians I see. I'm from NE Pennsylvania.

Before I got into refining I ran a large electroplating shop for a mil-spec connector manufacturer located on Long Island NY. Before I started refining in house we got screwed by many different refiners. It is a material that is difficult to quantify and without representation as we discussed above, I would never ship it out to a refiner knowing what my age and experience has taught me.
Can you speak to why it is a material type that is hard to quantify? Based on connector or pin type, why wouldn't it be possible to narrow down how much gold per say 1000lbs? Can you speak to the type of processes you got screwed by and how you believe that took place? Thanks.

Looking at your photos on the website I am assuming you are electroplating the gold out of solution onto a copper mesh cathode and digesting that in aqua regia to refine the gold. I assume this from the cart load of blue liquid in the volumetric flasks which is what the loaded aqua regia from that feedstock should look like after dilution for the Atomic Absorption analysis.

From what you have shown you have typical granulation and a barrel overhead hoist system to strip the parts. All very neat and organized but nothing earth shattering. No reason yet for the secrecy.

And no evidence that your strip and recovery wouldn't be any different from off the shelf chemistry from Technic or Enthone.

So as to your claim of a better return than melting the material, I'd say likely. But any refiner i know would be stripping this material as well.
You are mostly correct. The blue liquid in volumetrics are digestions that are done post stripping process to determine residual gold content. Again, I did not intend for secrecy, my apologies. Partly my inexperience in the industry as a whole. I'm very thankful for your expertise. My inexperience as for industry norms should not be taken as ignorance for our process however, as I have operated this system for a decade and know it like the back of my hand.

Any advice you might have in terms of what goes through a customer's mind when taking into consideration switching vendors in the realm of cyanide leaching gold stripping processes?

for what it's worth, I poked around a bit. I didn't find any NAPCO in Pennsylvania that refines gold. Talk about secretive!
Maybe going forward OP can use the monicker MRTGold instead of NAPCo?

Edited after seeing website address

This is my second edit: I figured what the hell, I'll check out the website. My antivirus software stopped me from proceeding. So there's that.
I indeed will switch that. I just made a name up on the fly when I joined the forum. Nothing really secretive there. Don't know what to tell you about the anti-virus software. There's nothing nefarious about our website.

Can you speak to why it is a material type that is hard to quantify? Based on connector or pin type, why wouldn't it be possible to narrow down how much gold per say 1000lbs?

In the scrap generated from the manufacturing of electrical connectors, the scrap drum was never full with one type of connector or contact. It was a mixed bag of off spec parts that had been plated or finished assemblies that failed for some reason. And in the plating shop there were also plated hooks and plated wires used to hang parts on hooks. Since it is generated randomly by process errors how is it possible to assign an estimated value to a lot shipped to you?

The only possible way to do this is to granulate an entire drum and stream sample the lot to get a small accurately weighed random sample to process as a sample.

Even members here who may be willing to ship you a lot, have randomly mixed lots and the majority cannot produce even hundreds of pounds of the same scrap piece. So how can a test sample represent anything meaningful?

In the real world, scrap drums sent out to recycle are a mixed bag so you need to be able to either process it as an entire lot and somehow sample it before and after, or do the stream sample route.

That’s the only way I can see a customer gaining confidence in your process.

And typically a drum of scrap will also contain Silver and PGM’s. How are they handled?

Here we are already beginning to shape strategic canvas and the key advantages of someone else’s product, and most importantly, for some reason, it’s free for him... ;)

My previous employer paid consultants $200 per hour for business consulting...
Maybe the author would like to pay us too? ;)
hmmm, intristing thoughts... i do not mind helping others, but at least a "supporting membership" badge to his name from his behalf would be nice though...

:)

Pete

One point I will add is that your title claim might well be disputed by some of the very large mixed metal refineries , I know several members who use them regularly even though they can wet process in house , the one sticking point for most processors is volume, you have to have large regular throughput to even get some interest from them.
To this point, volume is no issue for us. Though everything has it's limits.

Thanks- Isn't it normally one of the other- i.e. paid on initial assay or paid upon result? I'm possibly missing something here so please bear with me however what's the point of giving an assay and then potentially paying out a different amount?
We sample a customer's material if that is something they would like, to determine content. This just gives a customer an idea of how much gold they have based on material type. This does not determine our payout if we inevitably do service their material. From there the material will go through our process, then we will digest using aqua regia after the fact to determine residual content.

Let’s make it very simple.

Why would I choose to use the company you represent over any other one and in the same business?

Edit for clarity
We believe our chemical matrix is superior to our competition. It mostly comes down to that, as well very strict laboratory/analysis disciplines and tight tolerances within our operating activities.

In the real world, scrap drums sent out to recycle are a mixed bag so you need to be able to either process it as an entire lot and somehow sample it before and after, or do the stream sample route.
When you say somehow sample before and after, are you referring the processing solution? That is exactly what we do. We understand concentration of our stripper tank and two rinse baths before running a customer lot and after. We then digest samples of materials for residual content.

Edit: Also, how can I change my username? Can't seem to find the option to do so.

Last edited:
Back