gold recovery

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50mg - is this correct?
Given a current stock price of $0.63/g, your 50mg are about $0.03 worth.

Did you dry the silver chloride to weigh it?
Don't dry it, keep it wet for further processing.
I do not care about silver, my problem is gold, local gold has about 20% silver and they call it green gold which is difficult to refine and to sell. I did not know and went wrong way to refine it from 18k to 24k.

No.
I am not sure how you did this.
Are the mud and Silver Chloride separate?
When did the solution turn black?
What is the pH of the different solutions?
Yes, I have separated silver chloride when solution settle in white mud and white liquid and negative for gold, all green wash solution was positive. Than I put copper ingot in green solution an in about 20 minutes it turn black.

That is photo of copper ingot, I have noticed that this morning black liquid started settle and clearer liquid is on top of solution, gold test is negative.

Keep it there until the solution tests negative for Gold.
The black mud will be your Gold.
Du you have pictures of the mud?
While I have taking picture of copper ingot I have decanted black liquid and on bottom of glass container I have found lot of particles similar to sand, but black. Same size as alluvial gold I started with.
I am continuing with copper treatment.

While I have taking picture of copper ingot I have decanted black liquid and on bottom of glass container I have found lot of particles similar to sand, but black. Same size as alluvial gold I started with.
I am continuing with copper treatment.
I thought you were treating karat Gold, not ore?
This may change everything.
But anyway the black in the black solution should be your Gold.
When most/all the liquid is decanted/siphoned off set it aside and collect it until this batch is finished.

I thought you were treating karat Gold, not ore?
This may change everything.
But anyway the black in the black solution should be your Gold.
When most/all the liquid is decanted/siphoned off set it aside and collect it until this batch is finished.
I have started with alluvial gold, powder, I have smelt it, made ingot and hope that I get 18k gold, but I was wrong I only get 16k gold. Then I decided to refine it to 24k.
I smelt it again and made small pieces, cover it with AR and left it work over night , in the morning when I check it gold pieces were there covered with black film, than I spoke to local jeweler and he told me that local gold has 20% of silver and AG will not touch it. He recommended to quarter it with silver or copper.
I then found on internet some formula for quartering gold and use it, but with knowledge I have now, I think the formula was wrong, I quarter it only to about 9/10k. and that is were my problem started. As local jeweler had no stock of silver I used copper.

I have started with alluvial gold, powder, I have smelt it, made ingot and hope that I get 18k gold, but I was wrong I only get 16k gold. Then I decided to refine it to 24k.
I smelt it again and made small pieces, cover it with AR and left it work over night , in the morning when I check it gold pieces were there covered with black film, than I spoke to local jeweler and he told me that local gold has 20% of silver and AG will not touch it. He recommended to quarter it with silver or copper.
I then found on internet some formula for quartering gold and use it, but with knowledge I have now, I think the formula was wrong, I quarter it only to about 9/10k. and that is were my problem started. As local jeweler had no stock of silver I used copper.
Well then you need to add more copper and re-smelt it with the mud and any solid pieces left.
You can melt it to an ingot and have the jeweler test it to get a preliminary karat and take it from there.
The black powder from the cementing should be relatively pure.
You can melt it to a button or re-refine from the powder.
How is the possibilities and prices for selling?
Price differences from 95 to 999 for instance.
It might be better to sell from 99-97 than refine to 999.

Well then you need to add more copper and re-smelt it with the mud and any solid pieces left.
You can melt it to an ingot and have the jeweler test it to get a preliminary karat and take it from there.
The black powder from the cementing should be relatively pure.
You can melt it to a button or re-refine from the powder.
How is the possibilities and prices for selling?
Price differences from 95 to 999 for instance.
It might be better to sell from 99-97 than refine to 999.
If I test it and is 18k plus and most of silver is out you can get good price, if it is 18k and green that is difficult to sell as jewelers don like it. I will treat that black gold for next few days and see how much I can get out of it.
Then I will test it and decide, I do not want to spend too much time on it.
I would like to try to recover some of the silver, just for experience.

If I test it and is 18k plus and most of silver is out you can get good price, if it is 18k and green that is difficult to sell as jewelers don like it. I will treat that black gold for next few days and see how much I can get out of it.
Then I will test it and decide, I do not want to spend too much time on it.
I would like to try to recover some of the silver, just for experience.
It might still be high karat, because the way you did it, you might have gotten most of the copper out, but very little Silver.
Or maybe the Silver is in the mud as Chlorides.
Smelt it together all metallics and test it.

It might still be high karat, because the way you did it, you might have gotten most of the copper out, but very little Silver.
Or maybe the Silver is in the mud as Chlorides.
Smelt it together all metallics and test it.
That is end of my experiment with recovering gold. For last 4 days I have been collecting sediments from my black liquid which include copper plate, I have collected and dried about 25grams, This morning I wanted to smelt it, but before that I want to make sure it is clean, I mixed nitric acid with distilled water and pour it over the residues, it started reacting and all copper was gone I was left with 13grams of gold, that is all.

Latest posts

Back