Gold's reaction with alluminium

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shryansh22

Hey so I am gonna start up a refinery I just wanna know if gold can be mixed with silver and alluminium to make 99.5% gold. And can gold be seperated with the help of gold reagent from a blob made of gold, silver, iridium, ruthenium cadmium

Hey so I am gonna start up a refinery I just wanna know if gold can be mixed with silver and alluminium to make 99.5% gold. And can gold be seperated with the help of gold reagent from a blob made of gold, silver, iridium, ruthenium cadmium
Gold alloys poorly with Aluminum.
It alloys well with Silver.
What do you consider as Gold reagent?
In my opinion, by asking these questions you reveal that you are not ready to start a refinery.
I hope you have somebody with expertise and knowledge along with you.

Gold alloys poorly with Aluminum.
It alloys well with Silver.
What do you consider as Gold reagent?
In my opinion, by asking these questions you reveal that you are not ready to start a refinery.
I hope you have somebody with expertise and knowledge along with you.
Thanks for the reply!.So what metals according to you will mix well with gold other then silver.

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/ind...opper, nickel, iron,the colour of gold alloys.

"Gold Coloured Alloy
Zinc, copper, nickel, iron, cadmium, aluminium, silver, platinum and palladium are all common metals alloyed with gold.

Gold and copper are the only two coloured pure metals. Gold is yellow and copper is a reddish brown. All other metals are white or grey in colour but have various effects on the colour of gold alloys. A gold coloured alloy for jewellery will typically be one of three colours; yellow, white, or rose."

It would help if you can explain in full what you are going to be processing and what you aim to do after refining as in why you want to alloy refined gold with silver and aluminium.

Aluminum is alloyed with gold to make purple gold and the alloy is brittle.
I am well aware of that, but in refining setting it do not make much sense.
And you do not mix it with refined Gold to make it 995 refining wise.
As this would mean to have 999+ and mix in tiny amounts of Silver or Aluminum or both, this will be alloying not refining.
Anyway it will be at 80 ish percent Gold and not what he is talking about.
I think.....

It would help if you can explain in full what you are going to be processing and what you aim to do after refining as in why you want to alloy refined gold with silver and aluminium.
I think there are some language barriers here, and he has not even replied to what he means with Gold reagent.

Latest posts

Back