good place to buy a small amount of nitric acid

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making your own Nitric Acid is a dangerous, costly and time consuming endevour. The starting reagents will set you back~ $10 for the KNO3 and ~$20 for the H2SO4. The Lab Equipment is another discussion. After 2-3 hours, the yeild is about 1 liter and you just took some major health risks. The trusty old Youtube experts handling H2S04 without gloves or wearing masks outside with thier children playing ball in the background is a testament to thier expertise. Unless you're making a large volume with high capacity equipment AND HAVE THE EXPERTISE to go along with it. It simply doesn't make any sense to make it on your own. Spend your $30 on a liter of it from a trusted source and save your time..and your Children. Just my opinion anyway.

How about in Arizona, Phoenix Tucson area? Anyone out there know where to get 70% nitric locally?
Yes, know this is 4 yrs old, but might help someone else searching thread from area. Phoenix: Chem Lab supply has nitric and about anything else you could need for wet/chemical. A/B Prospecting in Mesa has all the smelting needs covered including array of dry chems covering every poss useful flux ingredient known. Neither place is “cheap”, both are quality.

I think Mr. Esch is a bot. Same reply to the same question, and never answers any other questions.

He may well be the only person who ever bought nitric from Xelexo and received it. I have not found anyone else that has, and after three tries I went back to Duda Diesel.
I have purchased twice [in 2023] from Xelexo and have had no problems thus far. Free shipping too and I received it fairly quickly. On my 2nd order it was $32/liter. Not bad, I think. Trying to be conservative in my use of it. Starting off slow and with very little money to play with. E-waste & silver plated flatware have been where I have started. Almost through with Hoke's book. Have already read the other recommendations. I think you can trust Xelexo.

Back