Greetings Everyone from a newbie

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have access to and am looking at importing Dore Bars into Australia for refining here. I expect to sell at refinery door as 999.9 at a modest discount to LBMA spot.

Hi Everyone. Im a Newbie in here and hoping to build on my network of knowledge in the Gold space.
Welcome to us.
For that you will need to contact customs, they will know.
Where are you importing from?
How do you assess the content on the Dore bar?

I have moved your first post here, this is very close to double posting which is not allowed on this forum.
So at least keep it in the same thread!

Welcome to us.
For that you will need to contact customs, they will know.
Where are you importing from?
How do you assess the content on the Dore bar?
Thanks Yggdrasil
We are smelting to stamped 96% 6.2kg bars in various countries of SE Asia and aggregating in Philippines.

We will refine and Hallmark as Fresh minted Bullion and settle here in Refinery, probably ABC.

Before going too deep into conversation with Customs and the refinery, I was just wondering if anyone had real experience of importing into Australia and aware of possible unforeseen costs and pitfalls.

Thanks Yggdrasil
We are smelting to stamped 96% 6.2kg bars in various countries of SE Asia and aggregating in Philippines.

We will refine and Hallmark as Fresh minted Bullion and settle here in Refinery, probably ABC.

Before going too deep into conversation with Customs and the refinery, I was just wondering if anyone had real experience of importing into Australia and aware of possible unforeseen costs and pitfalls.
Any transport of pms comprise a danger of theft additional to the cost, crossing borders will also add cost to it.
Labour and cost of refining will be higher in Australia than in the respective countries it comes from.
So is there a reason to move this around through multiple borders for then to refine it in a high cost country?

Yes. Reason is client wants finished product here. Transport will be done by Brinks. The refinery will keep the refined out elements as payment. Disclosing the whereabouts of bars in the Philippines is also fraught with danger.

Yes. Reason is client wants finished product here. Transport will be done by Brinks. The refinery will keep the refined out elements as payment. Disclosing the whereabouts of bars in the Philippines is also fraught with danger.
I know, I have family in Mindanao.
Are they in doré bars before converging in the Philippines?
If so would it not be more sensible to transport it to Australia directly from original origin?

Latest posts

Back