Hammond L102 Organ

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This pdf lists it at late sixties early seventies. Should be worth checking out.

The Blue Book of HAMMOND

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7psw8WhQX2oAFiAPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByc2FtNTRpBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNgRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkAw--/SIG=13gri3sdt/EXP=1349083568/**http%3a//www.musifix.nl/Web-data/Brochures/BlueBook%2520CompleteHammond/TheBlueBookHammond.pdf

...and they keep on coming! I just found a 1961 M-101 for free pick up about two hours from me. It was church unit, and from what I've read are the ones that least need a Leslie to enhance the sound. I can't wait to go get this beauty! :D

Another reference book for organs, it is a 3 part pdf.

Organ Blue Book - 1985-1986
http://archive.org/details/OrganBlueBook-1985-1986

Golddigger Greg said:
...and they keep on coming! I just found a 1961 M-101 for free pick up about two hours from me. It was church unit, and from what I've read are the ones that least need a Leslie to enhance the sound. I can't wait to go get this beauty! :D

Thanks for the link Jim! If I read that before I'd have been able to determine that this unit didn't come with the spinette like I thought. I am hoping to keep this one for my grandsons to learn on, but it needs some work. The building it was in hadn't been looked after for the last 14 years so there is some corrosion on the main power amp and the tonewheel is in dire need of oil. I'll give it the once over and if I can't get it running, I'll part it out.

Hey this thread has passed by me several times, OK I'm interested. If you were to buy these organs at a good price what would that price be in order to gain a profit? Here is one in my area that is up for $75.00 or best offer, what do you folks think?

Attachments

• $T2eC16dHJGkE9no8iPO!BQhqNNeoSQ~~48_35[1].jpg
    $T2eC16dHJGkE9no8iPO!BQhqNNeoSQ~~48_35[1].jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 277
I just got a newer model from about 1985. Not much at all in it, I think I will pass on any like it in the future. If it has tubes in it, then it should have palladium along the bussbar and on each contact.
M-2s and M-3s and ones like them usually have about 1/10 of a troy ounce of palladium. Plus all the wire, and some brass.

I would guess from the looks of that one that it is newer. Do you have a model number for it?
If you get them for free you can't go wrong except wasting time. I got a junk C-3 years ago, and that one was the best for palladium out of the many I have scrapped.

Jim

It does take a lot of time to gain access to the pd. I would say theres about $115 of Pd
$15 in cu
$2 In insulated CU
and maybe $15 in light iron

I like to get them for free. Paying $75 seems like your chasing penny's with dollars. Unless you just like getting the Pd out of them and find it relaxing to beat the thing with a sledge hammer and unscrew a million little screw's. I don't know maybe you have an ailment that makes you take things apart then this would perfect for you. I had a guy that lived on my block that OD'd on angle dust. Now he takes apart things in his house like the microwave and outlets. You also have to pick them up and boy are they heavey farkers not to mention gas. If I had to pay tops would be $30. most people just want them out of thier homes. Those prices should be pretty close give or take $20

pimpneightez said:
It does take a lot of time to gain access to the pd. I would say theres about $115 of Pd
$15 in cu
$2 In insulated CU
and maybe $15 in light iron

I like to get them for free. Paying $75 seems like your chasing penny's with dollars. Unless you just like getting the Pd out of them and find it relaxing to beat the thing with a sledge hammer and unscrew a million little screw's. I don't know maybe you have an ailment that makes you take things apart then this would perfect for you. I had a guy that lived on my block that OD'd on angle dust. Now he takes apart things in his house like the microwave and outlets. You also have to pick them up and boy are they heavey farkers not to mention gas. If I had to pay tops would be $30. most people just want them out of thier homes. Those prices should be pretty close give or take $20

So they are worth about $147.00? No I don't like beating things up or taking things apart.lol For argument sakes I look at things as an investment of sorts. If I can invest in this for $75.00 and when I get bored turn it into $145.00 well then I'd say its a keeper. It's a matter of principle, keep the work flowing always have a back up plan. Just like taking apart motors, why settle for $400.00 today when next week you can have $700.00? Yeah some days you make less per hour but then there are days that you make more then some do in months. The people that run out of stuff to do eventually run out of money to. :D

The one I got a few days ago was a Model #124212.
If you pay $75 for one of those you will be highly disappointed.

Jim

jimdoc said:

Jim

LOL, thanks JIM. There are a few more M1 types but they want between $500-$800 each.

CBentre said:
jimdoc said:

Jim

LOL, thanks JIM. There are a few more M1 types but they want between $500-$800 each.

Look for free, or place your own wanted ad for junk ones.

Jim

I found a Hammon L-112 organ today, from what i can find it was made in 1961, looking into the back it has tubes - is it worth buying. I think they will take $50.00 for it.

Ken

Always check craig's list in the free section.
Unfortunately, I'm out in the boonies here in Denver, Pa but I see old organs at least 2/ week for free. Driving with gas prices and the lack of a good helper makes me pass on them all so far.

BS.
Couldn't carry a tune with a Tunafish...

I enjoyed this post. I have scrapped organs on occasion for the last 30 years or more. I have saved the copper contacts and buss wires from several to recover the pgm's later. the value of the hammonds is mainly the tone generators and amplifiers for restorers and collectors as already mentioned.. i test the tubes and have sold them on ebay for 5.00 each. DO NOT overlook older wurlitzer,Conn or Baldwin tube organs. they have tube tone generators and dividers and there can be 50-70 12ax7's/or 6sn7/12sn7;s in older ones) in each organ. Many of those models used Gold wires and contacts for the keyboard and pedal contacts(especially 40's and 50's. if you find any 30's organs the3 tone cabinet amplifiers used 2-4 2a3 tubes . Those amplifier chassis alone with tubes sell for 400-700 dollars on ebay.

Hello Tim: many other brands have either gold or palladium buss wires/and or contacts. Mostly 30's thru 60's Conn,baldwin,Everett orgatron,schober,allen,rodgers, varies by year and model. the larger church and theater ones having the most content

pgms4me said:
Hello Tim: many other brands have either gold or palladium buss wires/and or contacts. Mostly 30's thru 60's Conn,baldwin,Everett orgatron,schober,allen,rodgers, varies by year and model. the larger church and theater ones having the most content

thank you for the rresponse pgms4me

so locally in a church there is a busted H262 made in 1969 that they are selling for a *donation*. what do you think, free, nope not this time, but for 50 bucks, would it be worth it? tim

Latest posts

Back