HELP PLEASE

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Topher_osAUrus said:
joekbit said:
From the picture I suspect he did not use enough solution. I've seen it, and I have done it.

The separations are a result of auto cementing, with each metal having a different mass they will seek there own level in the solution and the separation takes place.
Think in terms of buoyancy. The fact that he added Urea, well, not much to say there except dry it out, and start over.

I often take advantage of auto cementing to reduce my solution volume, by intentionally not using enough Ar the gold will self cement.
However you have to be aware that it will happen.

The key is testing the solution. At the start it always tests' positive for gold and I have no gold foils. Once the gold plating has be breached by the Ar, the weaker base metals will dissolve at a much higher rate, saturating the solution and forcing out gold powder, then gold foils start to show up. At that point I filter it and put the solution back on the chips to continue its' work.

I dont know if drying it out is a good idea or not?
If it does have a urea/metal/nitrate complex, it may want to go boom.

Again i truly do not know though?

Can we get a chemist's thoughts on that?
An elaboration to the downfalls of too much urea?
Well by drying it out, I don't mean incinerating or heating it. I should have said let it evaporate. Me, I would filter it first, and then let the filtrate dry. At that point I would just start over with the dry material.

I use the same principal or practice with my used filters.

Topher_osAUrus said:
teomm said:
sorry for my bad English , but it's not my native language !!! I'm using google translator!!!
I make a brief summary of some more detailed !!!!
a week ago I did a test with about 5 cpu and eventually I got this !!!!

*brief* is an understatement

So, to me, that second picture looks like gold.

But, i can say with certainty, that urea is not a reducing agent for the precipitation of gold.

Can you please go back and read my first reply and answer those questions?

It will be time consuming. But, i believe most of the foreign language speaking members use more than one translator. And use it on a word by word basis, as many languages flip the subject verb noun order up and when a whole sentence or paragraph gets thrown into the translator, it makes a mess of things.

Well said, I spent 4 months in Turin Italy a few years ago. The very first issue I had was with the phonetics. example might be "lets go to the store" (English), other language "to the store, lets go" things get switched.

Sorry but my Italian would never help in this situation.

What is your native tongue?

We surely have someone fluent in it here, but still, english is the board language, and it would behoove you to brush up on it.

We want to help you, but we need more details than something so VERY brief

Latest posts

Back