hi guys new on the gold stuff

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arealsax

Hi Guys I am new in this bussiness but I have access to computer scraps , I already use the AR to recover gold but I am stock after the process ends and I neutrolize the AR with SODIUM METASULFITE I have got to the point till the solution turns dark brown but I dont get any gold drop in the botton of the beaker what I am missing please ? Any info will be acepted

Have you tested with stannous chloride?

What color was the solution before you added the bisulfite?

What did you process?

Steve

arealsax said:
I already use the AR to recover gold but I am stock after the process ends and I neutrolize the AR with SODIUM METASULFITE
AR is neutralized with urea,not bisulfite.

arealsax said:
Urea ? you see I am a newbie Ok ure and then I use the metabisulfite right?
Thanks A lot

Urea, yes. mic was correct and then you can use your sodium metabisulphite. Please go to the guided tour link in Steves post and also download Hoke's and do some more reading.

Thanks

And you can start here.

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=8379&p=79127&hilit=metabisulfite#p79127

guys where I can wacht a video where I can learn step by step of gold recovery from computers parts because I am doing it but I am not sure what I am missing

Depends on what you are processing. Different part's require differrent processes. Look for Lazersteves web site he ahs videos that will help you a lot.

guys how i know when the AR is already neutralized after i added the urea and is ready to be precipitate with the sodium metabisulfate for the gold drop?

Add one pellet of urea and look how does it react to the solution.

If you get no reaction, then this mean your AR is neutralized and you are ready to drop the gold, test your solution before dropping the gold, the test will tell you if you have gold in there and may help you estimate concentration.
If it react violently (fizzing & bubbling) then you still haven't neutralized the AR completely and you should add more until no reaction.

I have never used Urea with AR, I use controlled additions of nitric/ nitrates to limit the free nitric in my reaction. If you never add too much nitric, you will never need to kill the excess with urea.

This method also saves on chemcial costs as you will never need urea and you will use the least amount of nitric required in your reactions.

Steve

lazersteve said:
I have never used Urea with AR, I use controlled additons of nitric/ nitrates to limit the free nitric in my reaction. If you never add too much nitric, you will never need to kill the excess with urea.

This method also saves on chemcial costs as you will never need urea and you will use the least amount of nitric required in your reactions.

Steve

Steve, We should cast your words in stone !

I as well never used urea, never even bought it...

I've been using that method for 31 years. Never used urea. Only boiled down a few times - when my head was somewhere else and I added too much nitric.

goldsilverpro said:
I've been using that method for 31 years. Never used urea. Only boiled down a few times - when my head was somewhere else and I added too much nitric.

I learned this from you Chris, and I apply this same principle to any reaction where I use an oxidizer now. I used to hate evaporating down solutions before you posted this years ago.

Thank you,

Steve

goldsilverpro said:
I'm sure Chris means he EVAPORATED, not "boiled down", which sends the wrong message.

Harold

Hello friends im new (sorry for my english im from Bulgaria)
so i read some stuff from: Refining Precious Metal Wastes C[1][1].M Hoke
and also i serch in the net for refining gold from scrab boards and i think that i understand the process :
1.Aqua regia in the flask
2.put the scrab boards in aqua regia
3.wait 5-6 hours
4.moving the solution in other flask
5.put the Mg
6.wait
7.Filtering
8.taking the powder end melt and done.

Please if im wrong tell me
thanks....

amon13 said:
Hello friends im new (sorry for my english im from Bulgaria)
so i read some stuff from: Refining Precious Metal Wastes C[1][1].M Hoke
and also i serch in the net for refining gold from scrab boards and i think that i understand the process :
1.Aqua regia in the flask
2.put the scrab boards in aqua regia
3.wait 5-6 hours
4.moving the solution in other flask
5.put the Mg
6.wait
7.Filtering
8.taking the powder end melt and done.

Please if im wrong tell me
thanks....

You have some more reading to do before you get started.
You shouldn't do whole boards to start with.
Check Lazersteve's videos and study the forum some more before you do anything. Just accumulate more scrap while you read and learn.
Have patience and you will avoid mistakes..

Jim

Latest posts

Back