how to build an acid resistant hood & scrubber _hood_

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi
Will this scrubber work ? I want to add blower and injector over the hood :shock:

gqm3_hood_and_scrubber_v3.jpg

I would say no it would not work. The 300 CFM blower will not generate enough suction from a 4' wye fitting to act as a strong venturi. While it might provide minimal exhaust, it will not cause enough power to overcome the resistance in the system made by the depth of the solution in the scrubber liquid.

Scrubbers are more efficient when the liquid flows over the packing rather than air bubbling through a tank of caustic.

Also from a thermodynamic perspective you're not going to blow 300 CFM through a 20l bath. The maths just doesn't work. You will get an element (at least) of back pressure which will affect your over sized venturi, not to mention all kinds of other things related to the bath.

4metals said:
I would say no it would not work. The 300 CFM blower will not generate enough suction from a 4' wye fitting to act as a strong venturi. While it might provide minimal exhaust, it will not cause enough power to overcome the resistance in the system made by the depth of the solution in the scrubber liquid.

Scrubbers are more efficient when the liquid flows over the packing rather than air bubbling through a tank of caustic.

anachronism said:
Also from a thermodynamic perspective you're not going to blow 300 CFM through a 20l bath. The maths just doesn't work. You will get an element (at least) of back pressure which will affect your over sized venturi, not to mention all kinds of other things related to the bath.

Thanks and sorry for double post in another topic
My problem is not blower volume now. Even I can not understand how this scrubber work! :( I read several topics in 2 days but I couldn't
If we add blower over the caustic tank, Does it suck NOx fume from the hood?! :shock:
jyt_hood_and_scrubber_666.jpg

When it comes to fume scrubbing for refining, it is impractical to scrub all of the air necessary to produce a workable fume hood, the size of the scrubber necessary will be huge. Go back to the beginning of this thread and you will see a small scrubber with a manifold in the hood to draw the fumes from a sealed reaction through the scrubber and the majority of the air exhausted goes out unscrubbed. The theory is any reaction generating fume is passed through the lower CFM scrubber while the air velocity in the hood is maintained to make working conditions better for the operator.

I have also posted a design for a venturi scrubber which works in combination with a separately exhausted hood also through a manifold.
http://www.goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=9115&p=86566&hilit=venturi#p86566

There are multiple good scrubbing systems on the forum and this topic seems to be kin to beating a dead horse.

4metals said:
When it comes to fume scrubbing for refining, it is impractical to scrub all of the air necessary to produce a workable fume hood, the size of the scrubber necessary will be huge. Go back to the beginning of this thread and you will see a small scrubber with a manifold in the hood to draw the fumes from a sealed reaction through the scrubber and the majority of the air exhausted goes out unscrubbed. The theory is any reaction generating fume is passed through the lower CFM scrubber while the air velocity in the hood is maintained to make working conditions better for the operator.

I have also posted a design for a venturi scrubber which works in combination with a separately exhausted hood also through a manifold.
http://www.goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=9115&p=86566&hilit=venturi#p86566

There are multiple good scrubbing systems on the forum and this topic seems to be kin to beating a dead horse.

Given link is i think gone 4METAL. i am looking to make a fume hood as philddreamer show in a post (you know it was on your idea) i am very confusing abou instalation of blower.
i am looking for a 46"long 30" high and 30 " deep hood.
A sealed reaction as you mention and a vaccume pump at end of system is good to handle and maintain. Fumes comming out of pump will remain inside the hood. Fumes from hood will need another setup to blow the fumes?
I need your guide about
Which blower for 46*30 hood
If i want to use philddreamer's scrubers then i will need a vaccume pump or a blower will do work?

Latest posts

Back