HOW TO CAST 1KG GOLD BAR

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For every $1 Million in gold that you refine, there will be about $50 in silver in the slags, at today's prices. I don't know what the compound is, maybe a composite oxide of silver and manganese?. :?:

The curves you point out on the bar edges are from the surface tension of the molten gold in the furnace, much like a drop of water has a curve to it. These bars have it too and the molds have straight sides, the bottom edges are square from the weight of the gold pushing into the corners.

Attachments

• bars cooled in atmospheric  belt furnace.jpg
    bars cooled in atmospheric belt furnace.jpg
    60 KB
4metals said:
The curves you point out on the bar edges are from the surface tension of the molten gold in the furnace, much like a drop of water has a curve to it. These bars have it too and the molds have straight sides, the bottom edges are square from the weight of the gold pushing into the corners.

Nice pic.
Have you made these bars. :?:
I have gas fired and coal fired furnace how to make these bars on them
hrushi

These bars were made in an atmospheric gas furnace. They are beautiful bars but come at a price the equipment is costly both to buy and operate.

The best you can do with your equipment is to pour your bar and with a hand torch heat the bar to prolong the cooling, that will give you the smoothest finish you can get without costly equipment.

Try his to get those round edges
I thin gas used is CO2
What I did is I took mold and applied some carbon on it and got those curves
Take Kerosene lamp and hold mold on flame it will blacken all the mold just see the change(inside of mols should be darken i.e carbon should be deposited on inner surface of the mold)
I tried this many times and got desired result

hrushi

Buy high grade EDM graphite (I like POCO, it lasts for every, very tight grain, glass finish on bars).

sasi4gold said:
Graphite molds give very good finish, but they wear out fast. If you can make them yourself cheaply they are a good alternative.
how to produce Graphite molds ?
Thanks
sasi

Graphite molds are machined out with the machine tool. You can see the video I uploaded on Youtube about graphite machining, the link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwLKI0lwqxk.
The machining process is basically like that. But the graphite material on the video is extruded graphite. For ingot molds for gold, the graphite should be molded graphite or isomolded graphite.

Latest posts

Back