I´m new and i need help

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannibal Smith

Hi,
i´m new here in this forum and i´m 15 years old. I come from Germany and my english is bad.
So i´m interested in gold and silver refining.
My question is:
How can i refine gold from computer waste? (without dangerous chemie)
And what about silver?

Thanks.

Hannibal

Hello Hannibal.

Refining precious metals requires the safe use of dangerous chemicals.

You can profit from dealing in e-scrap by learning the value certain parts contain you can then sell to a refiner or have them refined for you for a percentage of the yield.

Welcome to the forum, and safety first.

Hi,
thank you for the answer.
I don´t want to sell my e-scrap. I know how vauable the scrap is.
I have contacts from Motherboards, IC Chips and CPUs.
What i can make with those scrap?

Hannibal

Its a great forum.

Welcome Hannibal
First thing to do is slow down and spend some time reading posts on the forum.
Use the search function and type in the types of scrap you want to refine.
This is a huge subject and learning the basics is essential for success.
Go to Lasersteves site and watch his videos or better still buy them or at least the ones that refer to the scrap you have.
Read and or download and read the Forum handbooks and C.M.Hoke available from Palladiums signature line.
Come back and ask questions after reading the suggested information and help will be on hand from some very knowledgeable members.
Good luck and remember be patient it really will pay dividends.

Ok now I need help.
I don´t find anything how I refine goldscrap or silverscrap. (I mean golden contacs, CPUs, IC usw,)
Can someone give me a link please or a short howto.

Hannibal

Hannibal Smith said:
Ok now I need help.
I don´t find anything how I refine goldscrap or silverscrap. (I mean golden contacs, CPUs, IC usw,)
Can someone give me a link please or a short howto.

Hannibal

Here is a link to most of what you are asking:

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/index.php

Hannibal Smith, welcome, rethink selling it can be more profitable most of the time, also learning to test for gold and silver, buying and selling to a refiner would also be a good start, learning the values of metals, there are some processes here that can be learned easily if you are dedicated and do not mind working for what education you get, do not skip the safety or safe disposal of chemicals, HOKE's book download in the book section is a very valueable tool, Laser Steves web site can also be a tremendous learning tool, if you do work on recovery and refining, stannous chloride test, acid peroxide and acid/NOCl are good places to start, but you would have much to learn. many people sell electronic scrap and make more money than they could refining it, some make good profit learning to test for silver and gold using a small acid test kit and file and touch stone, they buy karat gold scrap and jewelry as sell to refiner and make a profit (which could be gold in your pocket), but all this takes work work work, and you must be dedicated to learning and keeping out of trouble, good luck buddy on what way you choose.

Hannibal Smith said:
Hi,
thank you for the answer.
I don´t want to sell my e-scrap. I know how vauable the scrap is.
I have contacts from Motherboards, IC Chips and CPUs.
What i can make with those scrap?

Hannibal

Its a great forum.

Hi Hannibal. Are you sure you know that?
Some of us will sell our scrap in a second without much thinking considering prices we can see it goes on ebay. If you are motivated by profit - ebay is your friend. If you are motivated in gaining knowledge and experience this site will give you all of that. You need to invest your time to gain anything back.

It may not look like I was trying to be helpful at all, but I have found that most questions, especially the basics, have been answered many times here before. There is a ton of useful information on this forum if you read it. I have read many different sites on the internet and nothing has come close to compiling as much, easy to understand, knowledge from so many different people as this one does. I know I learn a lot here, something new from every visit. It's a good place to learn, stick with it. I hope you stick around, I'm sure that we can learn something from you too.

Hannibal Smith said:
And I won´t ask anything
We like questions, but we particularly like questions from those that have expended some effort in trying to answer them themselves. It typically means we are not wasting our time on those that have a limited interest.

Hannibal,

Welcome. I'm pretty new myself and one thing I've figured out when searching the forum is to go to older pages. You get some of the better posts that way and you don't have to keep retyping in your search topic.

FrugalEE

Hannibal Smith said:
Thank you.
I look to the older pages.
Today i have found many silveroxid batteries.
When I have one kilogramm i will start to refine this.

Hannibal

Hannibal here's a link with a document to download from an older forum thread silver oxide battery refining http://tinyurl.com/25zjrmq, those battery's may contain mercury be safe.

"GREAT HEAVENS!!!!!!!....a 15 years old German kid trying to get his first gold/silver nuget!!!!...It is pretty good."
I now. I´m interested in refineng since I was 11.
And thank you Manuel.

Hannibal

Latest posts

Back