Is this telling it llike it is?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished listing 25 items in the next round of my " get the kids to Disney in 2011" goal. Don't forget to click on the see other items link.
Here is one of my auctions and again I tried to be as honest as possible and let the bidders judge.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200601476463&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

btw for those who paid on my first round of auctions, your packages go in the mail tuesday after easter monday. Thank you, and others, very much for your support.

mic said:
I will have my wife pick up some coupon books this week,and see what else she can find for you.

Great Idea. We went to Orlando last Winter. My son wanted to go to the Nick Hotel since he's a Sponge Bob fan. I was a bit upset when I found out my Wife booked us for full price when we could have saved a bundle with the coupons. The locals get a great deal with annual passes. Never pay full price in Orlando.

Irons said:
The locals get a great deal with annual passes.
And we get HUGE discounts as forida residents.We went to gatorland 2 weeks ago,we had 2 buy1get1 free tickets,and florida residents get in for $10.So it cost us a total of $20 for all 4 of us.Then saturday was $5 day at the Orlando Science Museum,so we all got in for $20.There is a movie theater at a mall in orlando,that shows all of their movies for $1 all day,every tuesday.Guess where we are going tomorrow?
Yeh being a floridian has it's perks........but there is NO place within the state to go prospecting.

mic said:
Irons said:
And we get HUGE discounts as forida residents.We went to gatorland 2 weeks ago,we had 2 buy1get1 free tickets,and florida residents get in for $10.So it cost us a total of $20 for all 4 of us.Then saturday was $5 day at the Orlando Science Museum,so we all got in for $20.There is a movie theater at a mall in orlando,that shows all of their movies for $1 all day,every tuesday.Guess where we are going tomorrow?
Yeh being a floridian has it's perks........but there is NO place within the state to go prospecting.

do you need to show Identification or just hand in your coupons? We have two dollar tuesdays at a theatre here too and we love it. We have mostly museums here with only one kids can touch things, so they are getting a bit bored. They want action and are holding me hostage to get it. :lol:

I was working when the auctions ended and missed out on the last minute bids. :cry:
Looks like you did pretty good though. :lol:

joem said:
mic said:
Irons said:

do you need to show Identification or just hand in your coupons? We have two dollar tuesdays at a theatre here too and we love it. We have mostly museums here with only one kids can touch things, so they are getting a bit bored. They want action and are holding me hostage to get it. :lol:
One parent shows their license,and thats it.That theater is next door to a place called Sam Ash,which is a HUGE music store.They have at least a hundred guitars and amps ready to play,and about 20 drum sets,electric and acoustic.I love that place.

mic said:

I don't know about that - I might like to live in a state where there were so many old shipwrecks off the coast that detectorists regularly pick up VERY hi-$ Gold coins on the beaches after just about every bout of rough weather...

Prospecting isn't just about searching for raw gold!

Militoy said:
mic said:

I don't know about that - I might like to live in a state where there were so many old shipwrecks off the coast that detectorists regularly pick up VERY hi-$ Gold coins on the beaches after just about every bout of rough weather...

I would just love that sort of thing

Militoy said:
I might like to live in a state where there were so many old shipwrecks off the coast that detectorists regularly pick up VERY hi-$ Gold coins on the beaches after just about every bout of rough weather...

Several things to note.In 2005( I believe) the state of florida authorized a beach reclamation project that pumped literally billions of tons of sand from offshore,back onto the beaches from Cape Canaveral,to Sebastion Inlet almost 50 miles south.It was some of the richest gold and silver bearing beach land in the state.Not only with pre-1800 pirate loot,but also silver coins minted by the U.S. Not to mention florida has the highest number of beachgoers out of the entire united states(second is california).All of those tourists bring with them,lots and lots of jewelry.Jewelry that tends to fall off in hard hitting waves,and water that causes your fingers to shrink ever so slightly.
The reclamation project was created to replenish the heavily eroded beaches from the 04' hurricanes that bombarded our state.The contractor utilized a massize floating dredge that sat about 400-500 feet offshore and pumped unbelievable amounts of sand back onto the beach,using massive pipes about 4 feet in diameter.It took several boats,divers,and front end loaders,just to simply move the exaust pipe down the beach as it inundated our beaches with fill.When they were done,it was horrible.They left several feet worth of overburden,filled with massive ruts in the beach,and the fill was not level.They left unimaginable amounts of trash and debris behind,not only from themselves,but from the debris pushed onto the beach from the dredge.Debris that carried with it,remnants from the storms.Pieces of gutters,shingles,cans,bottles,bags,tar,and unmeasurable amounts of seashells ,and driftwood.While the seashells were pretty,one was unable to walk on them barefoot.Our beaches would never be the same.My wife,along with several other people we had never met before,literally cried while standing on one of the boardwalks.It was one of the most heartbraking things I have ever witnessed.Had there been any off-shore treasure dredged up,it would have either never made the trip all the way up to the dredge,or it would have gotten caught in the exaust pipe on the way to shore,because the pipe was grooved.
This damage was only the visible damage........there was unseen damage that was far greater.There have been tales of the population of seaturtles dramatically being reduced,for a couple of reasons.First the stories were that the dredge company covered a lot of egg sites due to the lact of research prior to the operation.Next was the fact that the beach no longer was the same "shape" it was before,therefore the turtles were nesting on the flats,where a large number of gators and crocs live,that will eat seaturtles of all sizes.The next unseen damage was to the sealife that stays in the water.You can imagine the devastating affects it had,on the population of fish,and crab, that lay there eggs near shore.If the eggs were not sucked up,they were covered up.
When this project was completed,the state announced,it was so happy with the results,that it planned on doing the same thing down most of the east coast of florida.I have been to the beach maybe 2 times since then,and we live less than 10 minutes away.
Metal detecting on the beach now would not be the same.The only material you would find is a few scarce pennies,mixed in with all of the pieces of beer/soda tabs,and roofing nails.I should also mention that forida has a law that states you can not metal detect in the water south of sebastion inlet.And from the inlet north you can only detect,if you are wading.You cannot detect while diving.
I am getting very sad just talking about this.There are still a lot of great places to go to detect.........unfortunately the east coast of florida is not one of them.

Mic
Look on the bright side what man has done mother nature will sort out, a few good storms and all that work will have been in vain as the sea reclaims what was taken out, the wildlife will also outwit mankind eventually,the fishing off shore is probably so poor now that few commercial boats bother now so numbers will increase rapidly, humans can't help but try to improve on what nature designed but we rarely win for long.

hello
Just to update those who have won my auction ( in case you don't read your emails).
People have started to have packages arrive, But I have been told by our post office that longers times are happening at the Canada/U.S border for those packages heading to the States due to higher security measures since Bin Laden. But they are arriving. Buyers in Canada just have the usual longer times for over size letter packages.

joem said:
Just to update those who have won my auction ( in case you don't read your emails).
Not that there is a problem,but I haven't recieved any email since the auctions ended.You may want to check your sent box and make sure that they were sent.But like I said,there is not a problem here.

mic said:
joem said:
Not that there is a problem,but I haven't recieved any email since the auctions ended.You may want to check your sent box and make sure that they were sent.But like I said,there is not a problem here.

All messages were sent ok, and I have had some responses from the email I sent today to all buyers. It might be on your end.

The emails that you are referreing to,are they the emails that were just sent today,or were they sent prior to today?

mic said:
The emails that you are referreing to,are they the emails that were just sent today,or were they sent prior to today?
these are today ( since packages are arriving)or when someone asked me a question in the past two weeks

I received my shipment today Joe.Thank you so much,all of it looks very nice.
If you ever want to sell any more material outside of Ebay just let me know.
And my wife said she found some things for you.
Talk to you later.

mic said:
I received my shipment today Joe.Thank you so much,all of it looks very nice.
If you ever want to sell any more material outside of Ebay just let me know.
And my wife said she found some things for you.
Talk to you later.
I can't remeber which one you won?

Latest posts

Back