Metal detecting suggestions

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My neighbor has a health issue that causes him serious issues with heat. This makes him do all his detecting in the winter, and he only detects old swimming holes. I don't recall the name on his detector but I do know it is completely submersible. Seeing some of the stuff he has found, it appears he knows what he is doing. If I was looking for a new one, the coil at least would be water proof, but the entire system would be even better.
If you have a chance. Ask him which one he has and let me know please. I would be forever grateful.

For a budget-friendly metal detector, you might want to check out the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. It’s pretty reliable for the price and should work well on the beach.

I was digging about in the basement and I came across my metal detector. It is a Fisher model 1280x Aquanaut. It is a divers metal detector and I have had it to 180' without issues. I bought it because I lived on Long Island and dove a lot on the wreck of the San Diego the ship sunk when it hit a mine in 1918 and sunk in 110' of water. She flipped 180º and sits keel up on the bottom. Word was a lot of "loose" gear found its way out of the wreck and into the sand on sinking. This made me buy a metal detector to see what I could find on what was called the "dark side" of the shipwreck buried in the sand.

Worked like a charm. This was the same detector used in the surf line for jewelry. I used it a lot in the sand around shipwrecks over the years and it never failed me.
35635BA1-D468-4579-9C71-ECCBF09548BC.jpeg

I was digging about in the basement and I came across my metal detector. It is a Fisher model 1280x Aquanaut. It is a divers metal detector and I have had it to 180' without issues. I bought it because I lived on Long Island and dove a lot on the wreck of the San Diego the ship sunk when it hit a mine in 1918 and sunk in 110' of water. She flipped 180º and sits keel up on the bottom. Word was a lot of "loose" gear found its way out of the wreck and into the sand on sinking. This made me buy a metal detector to see what I could find on what was called the "dark side" of the shipwreck buried in the sand.

Worked like a charm. This was the same detector used in the surf line for jewelry. I used it a lot in the sand around shipwrecks over the years and it never failed me.
View attachment 64193
Thank you so much my friend. I will look into this.

I checked on my friend and his health has turned worse. He is living with his daughter and I have no way to get in touch with him for now

Back