Need serious help from an expert!!!!!!!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
patnor1011 said:
My friend set up say middle sized operation - he is doing electronic recycling so I know bit about what he encountered and how things can be done. His focus is not to get precious metals out of it as there is preciously little of that in electronic waste. Bulk of his earnings come from sorting and selling. Iron, steel, copper, plastics. Of course he get gold too but he cherry pick only easy gold, having somebody else to process that for him. He is way too busy to focus on this as any potential earning from gold is just small part of his day to day operations.
Anything can be done but setting up electronic recycling company and focusing on gold just not work. You have to focus on finding good partners who will give you best price for steel, copper, aluminium, plastics, boards - this is where money can be made.

As usual an excellent piece of advice with reasons explained for clarity.
I'd read this and understand what your been told, the precious metals are the least of your profit streams but with reading and learning you can accumulate easier items and parts, cherry pick the e scrap,to either refine yourself if you have time, sell as is or have toll refined. The boards need grading after cherry picking them and if you have large volumes you can have them sent to a large recovery operation, they don't refine but recover the metals,all of them, and send the dore bars to a copper refiner for final refining, if you choose this route pay to have your goods represented by a professional company so you don't get ripped.
You can make serious money from this if you get your priorities right and the gold is a lucrative part of the whole but the main values to pay the bills are the base metals so sorting is the main focus you should be looking at and getting right from the start, the large volume of boards will also earn you more than the actual easy to recover and refine gold.
As to refining in-house I'd forget it, look at large scale convertor buyers they just buy, de can, crush sample and assay then sell on, you can't compete with the big boys or get a full recovery by small scale operations and the same applies to e scrap, even the largest send out dore bars it's cheaper and easier.

Latest posts

Back