New Member - "Who's the Best PM Refiner?"

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, thanks snowman. That gets me started in the right direction. So when you drill the samples, what do you drill with? I mean, a regular drill cuts a hole, but you're trying to remove a piece, right?

goldsilverpro - you don't like the dancing smiley guy? how about this...

Just use a HSS drill bit and drill in an old ice cream tub to catch the sample, its better to have a fixed drill to keep things safer.

Okay. So it comes out as a curled up wiry piece. Not what I pictured. Thanks for all the help.

You can take dip samples using glass tubes but it’s whether it’s worth the extra hassle of finding and buying them and if you are only taking a sample to prove you have one and not actually going to get an assay it’s no big deal, assays here are quick and cheap but not so 8n the US I believe.

CMM said:
Wow, thanks snowman. That gets me started in the right direction. So when you drill the samples, what do you drill with? I mean, a regular drill cuts a hole, but you're trying to remove a piece, right?

goldsilverpro - you don't like the dancing smiley guy? how about this...
Perfect. As long as it doesn't move.

Just a few options if you prefer gas furnaces.

https://www.makeyourowngoldbars.com/gas-furnaces

Hi,
I saw this and wanted to add a link to what I've come across on a metal detecting forum.
based on the reponses from the owner I would never use or recommend ARA
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=256303

A good read- -

If the new owner wants to move his business in a different direction then that's his prerogative.

That given, there's ways to deal with the people you don't want to deal with any more and there's ways not to deal with them. :lol:

@golscraphobby

@anachronism

Wow, that was an interesting read. For some reason, I dont get notifications when new posts are made to this thread, so I missed your posts until now.

Thanks for the addition. I try to be a decent human being, and prefer to deal with decent human beings when possible :0

CMM said:
For some reason, I dont get notifications when new posts are made to this thread, so I missed your posts until now.

Nobody gets them, that no longer works, you have to check all your posts for replies.

jimdoc

I just noticed you're from Philly. I'm from in and around Philly myself.

Believe it or not, I found a half-decent cheesesteak place down here. No Wawa's though :eek:

2-3% underkarat is typical range on a gold melt -- and this is breaking out all stones and XRF testing pieces. Large underkarat pieces (2 karat/8% variation) are labeled as such.

Back