Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, I've been lurking for months now, figured it was time to join and contribute financially to the cause. I run a small data destruction and electronics recycling business. I had been selling boards, ram... To a company in Cleveland called boardsort. At the beginning of the year started processing. The scrap myself. I have everything you could imagine except a vent hood which I'm currently looking to build. I've read multiple books but not Hokes. I've had success with fingers and pins in very small batches. Not so good with IC and BGA chips. I've stopped all experimenting and am going to read Hokes cover to cover. Look forward to asking educated questions and hopefully eventually contributing to conversations down the road

Thanks,
Rob

Welcome to the forum. Hoke is excellent for familiarization with the chemistry but she wrote it when e-scrap wasn't even invented! Still a worthwhile read.

We ask our new members to do 3 things.
1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.
It is free here on the forum: Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book
2. Then read the safety section of the forum: Safety
3. And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: Dealing with Waste

Suggested reading: The Library

https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/gold-refining-forum-rules.31182/

Latest posts

Back