Non-precipitated reagent

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am curious, before you came to GRF, where did you get your information? Making a decision on recovery method prior to assay is both foolish and expensive, with results that are usually disappointing.

Here are a few questions that need to be answered before you bring out the chemicals again:

Does this rock contain gold?

How was that determined?

What is the makeup of the rock?

What elements or compounds are present that would lead to a particular recovery method?

Once you have answered these, then it may be time to move forward, if the answers show that you have taken the advice given in previous comments.

dragoneproducts said:
Hopefully I can take you thru a step by step process of my alchemy.
I see that Nick has already made mention of alchemy, and that it is not an acceptable term to be used on this board. Do pay attention to what he says. We do not support witchcraft here, nor do we allow such discussion, as it tends to undermine credibility.

You really need to rethink what you're doing. If no one has said it before (seems like I have), I'll say it here and now, and please accept my comments in the spirit they are being offered. Only a fool pursues an unknown ore, especially by using acid. The constituents of the ore will generally readily deplete all the acid you throw at the project, creating a huge volume of toxic waste, and no values. Beyond that, you must come to terms with reality in that an ore that yields an ounce per ton is considered high grade material. If you're processing a few pounds, even if there's gold present, how much do you expect to recover?

A fire assay is in order. I strongly recommend you get one.

Harold

There are things other than gold which will turn rocks yellow/brown/golden in color. Iron is one and pyrites are another. Iron Pyrite is commonly referred to as "Fools Gold". It is often found in the same places where gold is found.

Hi ,am using heapleaching gold recovery method,but after pouring ore in the tank and add cyanide to dissolute gold,copper and sulphur tends to consume all CN and the solution change into BLUE that indicates the presence of copper in the ore,What chemical should i use to weakening or destroy {pre-treating } copper in my slurry before the addition of cyanide ?

Sodium or Calcium Hypochlorite (NaClO or Ca(ClO)2).

For preprocessing, look at Scheiner's work at the USBM.

For complete processing, there are threads and links on this forum.

However, you really need to be familiar with the OCl-, HOCl, Cl2 species and which are dominant at what pH. You'll also need NaCl.

However, keeping the Eh and pH in their respective sweet spots is like William Tell shooting the apple off the boy's head ... ... while riding a skateboard.

IMPORTANT: IF YOU'RE PREPROCESSING WITH THE ABOVE, YOUR SOLUTION WILL BE ACIDIC AND YOU WILL NEED TO RECTIFY TO HIGH pH BEFORE YOU ADD YOUR CYANIDE.

BTW, I see you're in Tanzania, in which case you might like to take a look at Mintek's IGOLI process.

Latest posts

Back