north bridge chips

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regards to all the forum a special greeting for patnor, that I am aware that it is difficult to work with hcl / cl ic chips but this is a test, and I know that I have lost some value as undissolved material in the dust will collect a few months and then I get HNO3, and I want to mention that I threw chips so far ie. left on the plates considering them with little vrrijednosti therefore do this test with hcl / cl today I washed the dust harold method and re-dissolved in HCl / CL and I will tomorrow when excess chlorine evaporates again to add SMB, note I use potassiummetabisulfite (K2S2O5) I think there is no difference of natrijummetabisulfit (Na2S2O5) here is a picture of the re-dissolving dust

Attachments

• Fotografija-0001.jpg
    Fotografija-0001.jpg
    26.6 KB
any comment on the color or anything we would welcome appreciate especially geo harold lazarsteve butcher samuel course patnor and I apologize if I forgot and note if you do not put a point or a comma make me a better translation might this one help

kole55,

I have been following what you have been doing here, I do not see much that I can add to help you at this point, as far as the color of the solution it does look good and yellow, colors of solutions are fairly good indicators, but then again the color does not always tell us what we have.

The jar can have gold chloride, iron chloride, beer, urine, or anything else in it as far as I know, all I know is it is a pretty yellow color, a strong indication of a gold chloride without copper in solution, but unless I see your stannous chloride test on your solution, all I can say at this point is it is a pretty yellow color.

This solution will give you a chance to do some of the testing experiments found in Hoke's book.

Looks like you are having a good time, with this and learning.

Work safely and keep us posted of your progress.

Shark said:
I struggled hard with the ammonia washes and it seemed that my gold came out dirtier than when it went in. After looking closely at the label that stated "pure ammonia", the fine print said "except additional surfactants and detergents". There were, according to the the MSDS, an additional 7 ingredients. What I use now, and was actually easier to find here, is a 10% ammonia with 100% no additives. I still dislike the ammonia washes, but things have improved greatly with the more pure ammonia.

I've just had a possible idea to make clean ammonia. I have to make my own sodium nitrate, using ammonium nitrate (from instant cold packs) plus sodium hydroxide. This releases a fair bit of what I believe it NH3 ammonium gas in the process. If one were to run that gas through water, would that not be a very clean ammonia - despite being of an unknown strength?
I'm thinking of three beakers inside each other, with the middle one upside down in a pool of water.

thanks for the reply butcher this is a picture where AuCl spent the night and then was in the sun for 2 hours

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    37.4 KB
Perhaps it seems to me that the color is brighter than last night perhaps as excess chlorine evaporate this is just my opinion

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27 KB
picture number 3 shows the solution after adding smb after five minutes of Figure 4 after 10 minutes and the image number 5 after 4 hours

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    28.6 KB
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    26.6 KB
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    20.9 KB
thanks yar have glass that I use but I read somewhere that can scratch the glass container to make irregularities within the vessel so that it bothers gold fall down but in any case thanks

well thanks is better to use a glass rod but be careful not to touch the bowl still learn something

kole55 said:
ok guys I understood what to look for washing by means of ammonia, thank you very much for your help

replying to fix the title from "nort bridge chips" to "north bridge chips" so it can be found by searching

Done!

Harold

kole55 said:
just add a greeting for g_axelsson, or goran of him has also new to learn
Thanks!

8)

Another name instead of north bridge chips is plastic BGA, short for plastic Ball Grid Array, the name of the packaging style with bond wires embedded in the plastic. Not all north bridge chips contains gold.

Göran

Hello everyone I dried up all the dust images are a bit worse with cell phones but I will only be able to seven days melt the dust so I know the weight and purity of gold that I got from 400 gr mix ic chips as long lovely greeting note I left on the walls of the case dust al irrelevant doce in her second dust again next and next I published the results in a week long we stand still healthy

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.7 KB
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.2 KB
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    23.3 KB
kole55 said:
Hello everyone I dried up all the dust images are a bit worse with cell phones but I will only be able to seven days melt the dust so I know the weight and purity of gold that I got from 400 gr mix ic chips as long lovely greeting note I left on the walls of the case dust al irrelevant doce in her second dust again next and next I published the results in a week long we stand still healthy
Please read and understand my following comments in the way they are intended.

Your message, as posted, makes no sense. If English is your first language, please restate your post, but doing so only after reading, CAREFULLY, what you said. Use punctuation, and try to make each intended message one that actually says something.

If English is not your first language, perhaps you can solicit help, so you can rephrase what you tried to say.

Harold

It looks like direct word by word translation from something like google translator. Program like this simply cant distinguish different language sentence construction and result is a mess. It is always better if you have to use them to make shortest sentences possible.

I'm sorry my language is not English I use google translator and I noticed that when I put the punctuation immediately we reverse the river and is not similar to what I wanted to write this can be yet understand how much I apologize to everyone on the forum or computer though still lagging behind human mind

Latest posts

Back