Oops!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would it be safe to assume the presence of gold in this mess?View attachment 64395
Completely impossible to say.
We have no idea how this mess was made and we do not read minds.
So please humor us and tell where it came from and what has been done with it.
Then we may or may not help you.
At least the chances increases significantly.

Completely impossible to say.
We have no idea how this mess was made and we do not read minds.
So please humor us and tell where it came from and what has been done with it.
Then we may or may not help you.
At least the chances increases significantly.
This mess was found in the center of a small room, in a basement, of a burnt house- the room being where the fire originated from. It was unoccupied, so there were squatters but none around when fire department showed up. There were ceramic tile floors and the room wasn't completely burnt but everything in it was. The adjacent rooms were only slightly burnt, obviously from a couple of propane cans shooting across the rooms.

This mess was found in the center of a small room, in a basement, of a burnt house- the room being where the fire originated from. It was unoccupied, so there were squatters but none around when fire department showed up. There were ceramic tile floors and the room wasn't completely burnt but everything in it was. The adjacent rooms were only slightly burnt, obviously from a couple of propane cans shooting across the rooms.
Well then I assume some kind of Pewter or Aluminum or a mix of such.
Take it to a pawn shop and let them do a XRF scan of it.

Since it is melted metal a stone test will be close enough to let you know if it is worth a longer trip to find an XRF. Stone test will ball park the content, maybe, (depending on if it is gold, silver etc). The XRF will give possible amounts.

Would it be safe to assume the presence of gold in this mess?View attachment 64395
Not really.
Looks to me like the "Let's get rid of our beer cans after the BBQ"..."nugget".
Was this found in any charred soil?
edited to say : so you found this in a burnt building.
I guess it's a low melting temperature metal like aluminum or lead or tin.
lead being heavy, could be the one as it's heavy, you said.

Not really.
Looks to me like the "Let's get rid of our beer cans after the BBQ"..."nugget".
Was this found in any charred soil?
edited to say : so you found this in a burnt building.
I guess it's a low melting temperature metal like aluminum or lead or tin.
lead being heavy, could be the one as it's heavy, you said.
Yes and when you look at it it has a blob of blue plastic that has not been charred,
this wouldn't be happening at melting temperatures of Copper, Silver or Gold, I think.

A lot of melted metals will have an irridescence of the metallic luster resembling Gold. Only certain way to ascertain wether PM's are present, is to assay or XRF. A specific gravity test could possibly be used to ball park PM's, but you would only get an approximation. S.G. would have to be in the 12 gram per cubic centimeter , or higher range.

Okay I'll try this once more. In the basement of a burned house this was collected. It was the only thing in the room and the room was from where the fire started. Basement, no pipes of any kind, ceramic floor. 15lbs. I'll attach photos of what it looked like when found , when reformed, and what small pieces of it look like after torching them for about half hour. Also what some of those pieces look like cut up. Is it possible to this chunk of lead has gold in it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240902_114952.jpg
    Screenshot_20240902_114952.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240629_153019.jpg
    IMG_20240629_153019.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240613_102952.jpg
    IMG_20240613_102952.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 9d57bdc4-65dc-4b4c-aa11-50aef322014f.jpg
    9d57bdc4-65dc-4b4c-aa11-50aef322014f.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 6ce5c4c6-17c3-45cd-9267-7b89547a9f76.jpg
    6ce5c4c6-17c3-45cd-9267-7b89547a9f76.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • f1d617d6-29ac-4c38-b5eb-1a130cdb3a2e.jpg
    f1d617d6-29ac-4c38-b5eb-1a130cdb3a2e.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240629_170049.jpg
    IMG_20240629_170049.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240613_165635.jpg
    IMG_20240613_165635.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
“Okay I'll try this once more. In the basement of a burned house this was collected. It was the only thing in the room and the room was from where the fire started. Basement, no pipes of any kind, ceramic floor. 15lbs. I'll attach photos of what it looked like when found , when reformed, and what small pieces of it look like after torching them for about half hour. Also what some of those pieces look like cut up. Is it possible to this chunk of lead has gold in it?”

I thought it was made clear in your previous thread, but to summarize, anything is possible however unlikely the circumstances make it appear. There is no photograph you could possibly take that could give anyone here enough information to determine if there is gold in the blob.

What will tell you is an assay, so instead of wasting everyone’s time here either have it assayed or go waste someone else’s time.

Okay I'll try this once more. In the basement of a burned house this was collected. It was the only thing in the room and the room was from where the fire started. Basement, no pipes of any kind, ceramic floor. 15lbs. I'll attach photos of what it looked like when found , when reformed, and what small pieces of it look like after torching them for about half hour. Also what some of those pieces look like cut up. Is it possible to this chunk of lead has gold in it?
Please do not make new threads regarding an existing discussion.
I have moved your posts to your old "mess".

Latest posts

Back