Pin Sample Problems

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Palladium said:
Here was my price quote for some equipment awhile back.

Thanks for sharing those. I actually do business with RDO now. I bought several of the larger electromelts from them. I checked out the same furnace as the one you posted with the estimate but we ran into electrical problems, so I am still using the large electromelts.

The info on the XRF that you posted earlier in the thread was very good. I can now say I have at least an understanding of how the machine works, instead of trying to avoid the question when people ask me how it works.

Palladium, did you buy the XRF that is in the estimate that you posted? I spent considerably more than that for mine and have been very disappointed in customer support from both the salesman and the manufacturer of the machine. I will say that the machine works quite well.

I have done two more melts and the pin samples are matching the bar now. We have boosted the temperature to about 1030 Celsius and that seems to have corrected the problem. (I still don't know if the thermostat is reading correctly but at least my problem is solved for now.)

Thanks for all the input!

I know this conversation is an older one but found it useful and figured I could contribute what I can.

If your having concerns with accurate temperature readings in the furnance I'd check into replacing the thermo coupler. Typically they portrude into the oven bay and are prone to getting damaged from moving crucibles in and out. We keep several replacements on hand at any given time along with checking on the auto switch meant to shut off or restrict gas flow dependent of internal temps. This is due to possible issues with the oven going up to temp but not properly shutting down after target temp is reached.

Hope that helped someone somewhere.

Latest posts

Back