Please help me

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello I'm super new to of this and I have an important question...my cousin just gave me a 30 gallon drum filled with gold water if u will that was being purified over a year ago...the step the person was on is up for question my cousin said l she did was take some distilled water and some of the gold water from the bucket and put it in a coffee pot and then placed it on the burner of the coffee pot....it turned into black sludge then she put it in a forge and boom there's a gold nugget
...any advice on what i should do with my new found gold water.??

Hello I'm super new to of this and I have an important question...my cousin just gave me a 30 gallon drum filled with gold water if u will that was being purified over a year ago...the step the person was on is up for question my cousin said l she did was take some distilled water and some of the gold water from the bucket and put it in a coffee pot and then placed it on the burner of the coffee pot....it turned into black sludge then she put it in a forge and boom there's a gold nugget
...any advice on what i should do with my new found gold water.??
Welcome to us.

First you study, so you can keep both yourself and those around you safe.
Next study some more so you know how to treat the waste when you are done.
Then study the forum for solutions and the rules of this magnificent forum.

We ask our new members to do 3 things.
1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.
It is free here on the forum: Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book
2. Then read the safety section of the forum: Safety
3. And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: Dealing with Waste

Suggested reading: The Library

Forum rules : https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/gold-refining-forum-rules.31182/post-327766

Or you can find someone to do it for you.

Regarding your issue.
You need to learn the proper names of things so we understand what you are talking about.
There is no such thing as Gold water, there can be dissolved Gold in Solution.
What to do with these solutions depends on how it has been made.
It can be extremely toxic Cyanide or less dangerous but still Toxic acids.
One will kill you the other will burn you.

So talk to your cousin and ask how it was made.

Hello I'm super new to of this and I have an important question...my cousin just gave me a 30 gallon drum filled with gold water if u will that was being refined over a year ago...the step the person was on is up for question my cousin said all he saw her do was take some distilled water and some of the gold water from the bucket she had obviously done some refining to and put it in a coffee pot and then placed it on the burner of the coffee pot....it turned into black sludge then she put it in a forge and boom there's a gold nugget
...any advice on what i should do with my new found gold water.?? I don't know what method she used..I did find some muriadic acid amonia stump out and thatsit..what should I do

Hello I'm super new to of this and I have an important question...my cousin just gave me a 30 gallon drum filled with gold water if u will that was being refined over a year ago...the step the person was on is up for question my cousin said all he saw her do was take some distilled water and some of the gold water from the bucket she had obviously done some refining to and put it in a coffee pot and then placed it on the burner of the coffee pot....it turned into black sludge then she put it in a forge and boom there's a gold nugget
...any advice on what i should do with my new found gold water.?? I don't know what method she used..I did find some muriadic acid amonia stump out and thatsit..what should I do
This is in all practical terms double posting, which is against forum rules.
I moved it here to your other thread.
Now read and study what we have given to you, and no more posting around the forum in the same subject.
Keep it in one place!!!

Please drop the text lingo, and abbreviations.
This is an international forum and some members rely on translators.
My apologies to everyone. I should have read the rules and come more prepared. Please excuse my rudeness as I have just discovered I've made many mistakes already. I was pleased to find this site and got ahead of myself.

What do you need help with, specifically?

Janie
A friend of mine bought alot of junk jewelry for the purpose of refining it. She started the process and I'm not sure how she got or which process was used. This was over a year ago and everything that she was refining is in a 30 gallon drum. It is a dark green liquid with sludge at the bottom. My cousin did say that he saw her get about 8 cups of liquid from this drum and put it in a coffee pot with distilled water and evaporated the distilled water out and black sludge was left over which she then put in a forge and got avery small radish size gold nugget out of it. She took that to a shop and they gave her $1100 for it...I'm just wondering if its worth trying to figure out. Muralist acid anonia stump out distilled water and propane tanks are the only things I saw

First thing I would do is a stannous test on the liquid. Then I would dissolve a sample of the sediment in AR and stannous test.

Sounds like you do not have any prior experience, I would highly recommend you label the container: Hazardous and store it in a secure location til you learn.

Start with study of C.M. Hoke, Refining Precious Metal Waste.

Janie

A friend of mine bought alot of junk jewelry for the purpose of refining it. She started the process and I'm not sure how she got or which process was used. This was over a year ago and everything that she was refining is in a 30 gallon drum. It is a dark green liquid with sludge at the bottom. My cousin did say that he saw her get about 8 cups of liquid from this drum and put it in a coffee pot with distilled water and evaporated the distilled water out and black sludge was left over which she then put in a forge and got avery small radish size gold nugget out of it. She took that to a shop and they gave her $1100 for it...I'm just wondering if its worth trying to figure out. Muralist acid anonia stump out distilled water and propane tanks are the only things I saw
I have now moved all your posts here.
Do not ask for help on the same issue in several threads.
Then people reply in several threads and you will not find it.

I have given the advice and study material in the first reply here.
Your description of the problem talks volumes on your current level of understanding since it's not even remotely possible.
So do as Janie said, put it away and study first.

From 8 cups of liquid she got 1100 dollars! How small was that nugget?
So did she get liquid or sludge? Very important. How much was there and how much is left of both?

I have something to read for you and please read the whole first post from Dave by expanding the individual stories.
https://goldrefiningforum.com/threa...imple-question-and-get-a-simple-answer.21412/
Martijn.

I have now moved all your posts here.
Do not ask for help on the same issue in several threads.
Then people reply in several threads and you will not find it.

I have given the advice and study material in the first reply here.
Your description of the problem talks volumes on your current level of understanding since it's not even remotely possible.
So do as Janie said, put it away and study first.
Either that or you don't know as much as you thought you did. Or your just not that good. You have done nothing but pick my posts apart. You even went as far as editing something that I,not you, wrote, and put it in your own words. Grammatically correct or not, who do you think you are putting words in my mouth? And again moving all my stuff somewhere I did not put it. You ever heard of freedom of speech. I'm here to learn, not be offended on a forum in front of God knows how many people. When I asked for help should have been your first clue that I didnt know what I was doing, I fact I think I used those words. You don't see like your very educated in anything except, well, the not so obvious. Being rude to people is rude. Maybe you should take some time from policing and get a new hobby or maybe get some pussy. Maybe then you won't be so uptight and pompous. Have a good night.

First thing I would do is a stannous test on the liquid. Then I would dissolve a sample of the sediment in AR and stannous test.

Sounds like you do not have any prior experience, I would highly recommend you label the container: Hazardous and store it in a secure location til you learn.

Start with study of C.M. Hoke, Refining Precious Metal Waste.

Janie
Thank you for your response. I will.

Either that or you don't know as much as you thought you did. Or your just not that good. You have done nothing but pick my posts apart.
That's not true. He gave you some good links to help you understand what you're trying to do.
You even went as far as editing something that I,not you, wrote, and put it in your own words. Grammatically correct or not, who do you think you are putting words in my mouth?
He's a moderator on this forum. Part of his job is trying to keep the information here somewhat organized and useable so that all members will be able to find the answers they're looking for.
And again moving all my stuff somewhere I did not put it. You ever heard of freedom of speech. I'm here to learn, not be offended on a forum in front of God knows how many people. When I asked for help should have been your first clue that I didnt know what I was doing, I fact I think I used those words. You don't see like your very educated in anything except, well, the not so obvious. Being rude to people is rude. Maybe you should take some time from policing and get a new hobby or maybe get some pussy. Maybe then you won't be so uptight and pompous. Have a good night.
You should read the rules Yggdrasil provided a link to. Attacking a member on a personal level is a violation. This will be your only warning that if you do it again you will be banned.

Dave

Either that or you don't know as much as you thought you did. Or your just not that good. You have done nothing but pick my posts apart. You even went as far as editing something that I,not you, wrote, and put it in your own words. Grammatically correct or not, who do you think you are putting words in my mouth? And again moving all my stuff somewhere I did not put it. You ever heard of freedom of speech. I'm here to learn, not be offended on a forum in front of God knows how many people. When I asked for help should have been your first clue that I didnt know what I was doing, I fact I think I used those words. You don't see like your very educated in anything except, well, the not so obvious. Being rude to people is rude. Maybe you should take some time from policing and get a new hobby or maybe get some pussy. Maybe then you won't be so uptight and pompous. Have a good night.
I edited the header of one of your threads so it was readable.
That thread is now gone, since all your posts are now here.
Did you even check what was done?

Please follow forum rules.
Please do not use slang or abbreviations.
Please do not personally attack or accuse our respected members of things you don't understand.
Please get off the slippery slope you manouvred yourself on.
Please do not add something to solutions you are not sure what they're made up of.
Please answer our questions.

Please realize that this is a free forum and respect the time members put in to help and protect new members like you.

We will keep presenting mirrors for you to look in.

Do you want our free advice and help? Then show some respect.

You might get what you need, not what you want.

If that is advice to stop and go study, that is what you need.
If it is advice to get your language, grammar or choice of words in order, thats what you need.
You can choose to act this way, choose not to reply to questions asked and loose the sympathy of knowledgeable members to help you FOR FREE.

You're welcome.

Martijn.

Latest posts

Back