potassium cyanide method

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have 1000 kilos of this material then this method is the only way for the exposed gold, it's cheap effective and fairly quick, the caveat is that you have to know what you are doing, from start to safe disposal of the solutions.
Deano had a thread where he described an electro winning cell set up, which can be scaled up which will keep your solution volumes down and recover your values, the thread was things of interest to members I think.
Your first job is to strip the boards etc and identify which items have values and value and keep separate for easier processing, that is if you are going to recover and refine this material yourself.
Is this a one off parcel or is there more to come? What did you pay for it? Do you have a good knowledge of recoveries and refining? Do you have the time, knowledge and money to do this yourself?
We don't know your situation or background to be able to advise further.

thanks nick i bought the 1000 kg for 1500$ and there is a lot of hard disk for servers and a lot of power supply but the 1000 kg is board as u see in the pic .
i used to do the sulpharic revers electroplating and its great but only in gold plated pins ,but this will take a lot of time to get the pins out of the boards ,so i try to know anew ways .
as i told u i make only an experiment on cyanide and i think i will not do it again i will try to fined another way .
and i think i will get more parcel to work withe .

Well I'm no expert on e scrap but that seems a really good buy to me, perhaps one of our more knowledgeable members could give an idea of what it's worth.
One thing I would say is concentrate on getting the easy to recover material, pins, fingers and plated boards sorted first, visible gold , I'm not sure if any of the chips contain values, again perhaps someone who knows can add a comment here, but with the volume you have there is no faster cheaper more efficient process than your trial. If you want my opinion I'd rather not be around concentrated warm/ hot sulphuric it's downright nasty and dangerous, but the cell works but it's slow especially with volumes of material.
I think you are going to have to cherry pick what you can or will do and send the rest out to a commercial refiner, or keep if your likely to have more material to make the shipping worthwhile, there are companies that buy as seen in the North America and Europe not sure if you have people near you that do the same.
Hopefully you will get some more feedback on the value and the material that is worth saving.

Latest posts

Back