question about poorman's AR

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so is it semi safe to revers plate the pins?

but not safe to get them off the board?

if removal is the issue, would it be safe to just desolder themfor removal?

I am not a chemist so I would hesitate to give opinions on reactions in solution. I can say with authority that any removal of parts from a motherboard should include the use of a particulate mask at the minimum. It may not be the dust you create, it could also be what is laying there ready to be stirred up from the lifetime of the board itself.

Have you looked up the hazards?

Oz. there some possible hazards in removing parts from the pc boards.

Perhaps i am spoiled, owning a computer de-Manufacturing company. I have access to more gold than i could ever refine, nor intend to refine. I dont remove ANYTHING soldered to the PCB except cutting the fingers off of edge cards , selectivly. Even at that, i stay an hour or two once a week after the employees have left and dig around in the gaylord boxes. Most of the PC scrap is "flash Plated" making it not even worth while to look twice at. besides, what we get wholesale for memory, processor chips and mother boards, even as a hobby, i am not convinced in home gold refining on a hobby level is even worth it.

The only pins i mess with are high end milspec pins from DOD scrap we process.

Ryan

Gold Trail said:
Oz. there some possible hazards in removing parts from the pc boards.

Perhaps i am spoiled, owning a computer de-Manufacturing company. I have access to more gold than i could ever refine, nor intend to refine. I dont remove ANYTHING soldered to the PCB except cutting the fingers off of edge cards , selectivly. Even at that, i stay an hour or two once a week after the employees have left and dig around in the gaylord boxes. Most of the PC scrap is "flash Plated" making it not even worth while to look twice at. besides, what we get wholesale for memory, processor chips and mother boards, even as a hobby, i am not convinced in home gold refining on a hobby level is even worth it.

The only pins i mess with are high end milspec pins from DOD scrap we process.

Ryan

So mabey we should all just sell the MB's :) for good reason

Latest posts

Back