Question on rinse process

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Newbie question. Took the thiosulfate solution that was with my black sands and double filtered it into another container for cementatiin process. But there is still solution in the black sands I believe. What is the proper way to rinse everything? Mix more solution and rinse? Dumping distilled in will weaken solution so was not sure how to finish it properly. Thanks for any info.

Newbie question. Took the thiosulfate solution that was with my black sands and double filtered it into another container for cementatiin process. But there is still solution in the black sands I believe. What is the proper way to rinse everything? Mix more solution and rinse? Dumping distilled in will weaken solution so was not sure how to finish it properly. Thanks for any info.
You will never get it all if you can not add water.
Best option is vacuum filtering.
It will get almost all.

When working with ore it is common practice to run jar tests in a bottle roller to determine the proper amount of leach. Typically the liquid from these tests is treated according to how you will treat your larger cons. How did you treat your cons that you leached for the jar testing? What percentage of assay did you recover? If you rinsed moderately do the same, if you flooded the sample in rinsing, again do the same. If you did the jar testing properly you should be able to get results comparable to the assay. So just do not deviate.

When working with ore it is common practice to run jar tests in a bottle roller to determine the proper amount of leach. Typically the liquid from these tests is treated according to how you will treat your larger cons. How did you treat your cons that you leached for the jar testing? What percentage of assay did you recover? If you rinsed moderately do the same, if you flooded the sample in rinsing, again do the same. If you did the jar testing properly you should be able to get results comparable to the assay. So just do not deviate.
Thank you. I am still figuring exactly what I got. I cemented it out using a copper plate. But it was so hot yesterday I had evaporation and the plate hit the air so have some copper oxides got in the mix I think. Now to get the copper out. Have to put back in solution and do it all over again.. thiosulphate solution is my leach.

I guess so, I have never done smelting.
Oh. Thank you for the help though. I want to build a simple electrowinning device so I can get pure gold and silver. Figured another option was smelt this down then use copper sulfate solution and electrolysis and pull the copper back out if it's present and drop the silver and gold back in the slime.

Latest posts

Back