Reduction of gold from a mixed solution

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know because I have extracted several times individually from the solution. platinum, palladium, gold at the end.
During melting, there was too much copper in it, so I gave up everything for a long time.
Copper is no problem if you do not require it to be very pure.
Just dissolve the Pd and Copper in Nitric, then add a solid piece of Copper and cement the Pd out.
Make sure you stir it very well all the time.

You have shown us nothing about the metals or tests confirming the presence of Pd and Pt have you?

I know because I have extracted several times individually from the solution. platinum, palladium, gold at the end.
During melting, there was too much copper in it, so I gave up everything for a long time.
Do you have a name for me to use when I merge your threads so all relevant information is in one place?

Copper is no problem if you do not require it to be very pure.
Just dissolve the Pd and Copper in Nitric, then add a solid piece of Copper and cement the Pd out.
Make sure you stir it very well all the time.

You have shown us nothing about the metals or tests confirming the presence of Pd and Pt have you?
photo with palladium and platinum salts

When frying the powder, the borosilicate container cracked, so I collected the powder on the floor. I think if all the powder was leached with Ca CO3, washed, cleaned of base metals with vinegar, washed and then HNO3 was added, I would avoid frying as well as the possibility of chlorine and nitrogen acting on the powder

When frying the powder, the borosilicate container cracked, so I collected the powder on the floor. I think if all the powder was leached with Ca CO3, washed, cleaned of base metals with vinegar, washed and then HNO3 was added, I would avoid frying as well as the possibility of chlorine and nitrogen acting on the powder
Still your post do not make much sens and your process follow no accepted guidelines.
You can NOT leach any precious metals with CaCO3.
It is an Alkali and will lift the pH to a level where the Acids no longer work.
It will in stead drop all metals as Hydroxides and you will have achieved nothing.

I'm old about topics
Well in my world that means you have nothing and shown nothing.
If you have leached Pt and Pd, you will have metals and tests to show for it.

As far as my memory go you showed some pictures of some Iron Hydroxides encased in Ammonium Chloride.
Which will make sense the way you use Alkalic substances.
Do you have a reasoning behind this?

I will now move your other thread into this thread so everything regarding this topic is in one place.

Well in my world that means you have nothing and shown nothing.
If you have leached Pt and Pd, you will have metals and tests to show for it.

As far as my memory go you showed some pictures of some Iron Hydroxides encased in Ammonium Chloride.
Which will make sense the way you use Alkalic substances.
Do you have a reasoning behind this?

I didn't use alkaline substances.. it's just an idea

I didn't use alkaline substances.. it's just an idea
So this is not from you?
The CaOCO3 Calcium Carbonate is alkaline.
Lola said:

Znači ovo nije od tebe?
CaOCO3 kalcijev karbonat je alkalan.
Lijepo sam ispod napisao da je ideja – misao

zbog čega vadite dijelove koji vam odgovaraju i stvarate drugačiju sliku Također ste gore napisali da je moj prah kontaminiran željezom i ne prepoznajete prh kada se traži objašnjenje što bi moglo biti samo krivo označavate

Lijepo sam ispod napisao da je ideja – misao

zbog čega vadite dijelove koji vam odgovaraju i stvarate drugačiju sliku Također ste gore napisali da je moj prah kontaminiran željezom i ne prepoznajete prh kada se traži objašnjenje što bi moglo biti samo krivo označavate
English please

Iggdrasil said:
Do you mean yourself?
CaOCO3 calcium carbonate and alkaline.
I just wrote below that it is an idea - a thought

which is why you take out the parts that suit you and create a different picture. You also wrote above that my powder is contaminated with iron and does not warn that every day when you f***, you may be very wrong.

Edit by moderator to remove profanity

Last edited by a moderator:
Iggdrasil said:
Do you mean yourself? This is a question if this quote was not from you. So this translation is not correct.

CaOCO3 calcium carbonate and alkaline.
I just wrote below that it is an idea - a thought

which is why you take out the parts that suit you and create a different picture. You also wrote above that my powder is contaminated with iron and does not warn that every day when you f***, you may be very wrong.
I always reply to posts, which means all that has been written in the post I reply to is in the quote.
This means I do not take out parts.
I of course ask questions with the parts of the post that do not make sense or are otherwise unclear.

It is hard to give advice and answers to you,
since your posts and information is spread around over time and before recently even in threads.

For some reason seem you seem to to be reluctant to give the information needed to give good advice or answers.
And due to some language issues or other you use a mix of processes that does not necessary fit together
and draw conclusions there seem to be little support for.
Like when you say you have precipitated Pt and Pd, that means you have metal in some melt able form (not salt).
For Pd this may be very easy, if you have Pd in solution you can use DiMethylGlyoxime to test
or even strip if there are not too much solution.
Then Calcine the salt to metal powder.

A couple of comments in the reply Quote in Bold.

And by the way, one more of your F*** words and you will be banned.
We do not use this kind of language here.

How is this procedure performed? does that mean browning the salt without using a burner?

How is this procedure performed? does that mean browning the salt without using a burner?
Let us not get ahead of ourselves now.
First, do you have DMG?

Latest posts

Back