Reduction of gold from a mixed solution

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't know how I would help myself if I say on a world forum where the material I use as ore comes from.
Good night
Helping yourself in this case is studies and a detailed overview of what you have done to what kind of material.
With a list of what happens at the different stages and what you expected to happen.

Then we would have a starting point.

Helping yourself in this case is studies and a detailed overview of what you have done to what kind of material.
With a list of what happens at the different stages and what you expected to happen.

Then we would have a starting point.
I'll do my best another time. I will follow everything that happens and write. Can you answer me?
Does KOH from solution also reduce iron after previous use of FeSO4 in the same solution?

I'll do my best another time. I will follow everything that happens and write. Can you answer me?
Does KOH from solution also reduce iron after previous use of FeSO4 in the same solution?
I replied to this in this post:
https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/reduction-of-gold-from-a-mixed-solution.33798/post-363314
Any Hydroxide like NaOH, KOH and so on will push the solution towards the caustic side and drop metals as Hydroxides.
Some Hydroxides can be difficult to deal with.

Any Hydroxide like NaOH, KOH and so on will push the solution towards the caustic side and drop metals as Hydroxides.
Some Hydroxides can be difficult to deal with.
I don't think that's an answer to the question. I replied to the comment that you repeated or you want me to repeat to you again who gave me the precious metals and everything else

Edited by the OP again without notice!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that's an answer to the question. I replied to the comment that you repeated or you want me to repeat to you again who gave me the precious metals and everything else
I am about done also, and yes I am a man. You have not told us what the feed stock is. All I have heard from you is that you boiled the sand in water, dissolving the sand (silica), which does not dissolve in water. Hydroflouric acid is the only thing I know, which dissolves silica. Do not attempt to get any of this acid! You then dissolved whatever was left, in AR. You now want to know what this precipitate is, based on an unknown feedstock, with no ICP, or AA test. Either the translation is bad, or I won't say the other possibility, as I know it will certainly offend you.

When you edit your post you NEED to make a small note that it has been edited so people reading the thread in the future can understand what is going on.
So if you edit your post you make a note like this: Edited for clarity or edited for spelling

I am about done also, and yes I am a man. You have not told us what the feed stock is. All I have heard from you is that you boiled the sand in water, dissolving the sand (silica), which does not dissolve in water. Hydroflouric acid is the only thing I know, which dissolves silica. Do not attempt to get any of this acid! You then dissolved whatever was left, in AR. You now want to know what this precipitate is, based on an unknown feedstock, with no ICP, or AA test. Either the translation is bad, or I won't say the other possibility, as I know it will certainly offend you.
nice, thank you, good night

If you continue editing your posts without notice I will ban you for a week!

I do not know what you consider an answer, but this is the answer.
Any substance that elevates the pH sufficiently will drop out metal as Hydroxides.
The most potent of the common substances is the NaOH and KOH.
So they will "drop" metals and as such Gold Platinum and so on , but as Hydroxides.
Not as metal.
I do not have smaller spoons to feed you mate.

I see that the oxides of all 6 alkaline earth metals are metallic shiny. In order for a metal or non-metal to oxidize, a special treatment or procedure is required. I am convinced that it is rhodium because only rhodium powder is this bright without special treatment. It comes out as a gray glitter powder, but when exposed to acids, it fades naturally. It didn't dissolve because it's hard to melt and obviously needs more time, maybe a stronger acid. Rhodium chloride forms rhodium oxide in contact with air, which means that it cannot dissolve at all. I see that rhodium melts in molten alkali. This powder cannot be mica because it would not soluble and turn into a solution at the start and cannot pass through the filter. I'll handle it. greeting

I do not know what you consider an answer, but this is the answer.
Any substance that elevates the pH sufficiently will drop out metal as Hydroxides.
The most potent of the common substances is the NaOH and KOH.
So they will "drop" metals and as such Gold Platinum and so on , but as Hydroxides.
Not as metal.
I do not have smaller spoons to feed you mate.
Do you alkalize the solution before extracting the gold or do you extract it from an acidic solution

Most often, I correct the words melt and soluble. Insert the wrong translation. If the forum has that option, I don't understand why it is forbidden.
It is not forbidden, you just have to make a small notion that it has been edited.

Do you alkalize the solution before extracting the gold or do you extract it from an acidic solution
I only alkalize my waste, for SMB the solution need to be sufficient acidic, preferably in the 1-2 range.

I only alkalize my waste, for SMB the solution need to be sufficient acidic, preferably in the 1-2 range.

Important details. Since I started alkalizing the solution with FeSO4, my gold comes out dark brown. It was orange brown. It would be helpful if you could tell me which agent is the best for cleaning
copper from the solution when washing the powder or if it is washed off by itself.

Important details. Since I started alkalizing the solution with FeSO4, my gold comes out dark brown. It was orange brown. It would be helpful if you could tell me which agent is the best for cleaning
copper from the solution when washing the powder or if it is washed off by itself.
You really need to study, your questions and statements make little sense.
There might be a language barrier here, never the less you need to format your questions so they make sense both chemical/scientific and language wise.
How in the world can you alkalize something with an acidic substance?
What do you mean with Alkalize?

Cleaning Copper from powders can be done with Ammonia, Nitric or Cupric Chloride etch.
Depending an what else is in the powders.

You really need to study, your questions and statements make little sense.
There might be a language barrier here, never the less you need to format your questions so they make sense both chemical/scientific and language wise.
Questions like this are partly the fault of the translator, and I believe to a large extent that I am not a scientist but I am one who has precious metals. I am grateful for your answers. nice greetings

Questions like this are partly the fault of the translator, and I believe to a large extent that I am not a scientist but I am one who has precious metals. I am grateful for your answers. nice greetings
So what do you mean with Alkalize?

So what do you mean with Alkalize?
add alkali, NaOH or CaCO3 or NaCO3 or bicarbonate

Does pH affect gold?
It can be interpreted that the temperature and pH should be above 55 °C, respectively 11.5, in order to achieve high gold extraction, in the studied range of leaching conditions.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back