Reduction of gold from a mixed solution

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let us not get ahead of ourselves now.
First, do you have DMG?
I have not
I am currently washing the powder extracted with FeSO4.. it is washed in HCL, fried-dried, washed in HNO3, it settles. I plan to pull it off with Sodium Chlorate. The precipitate should be gold with admixtures of metals that do not dissolve in HCl and nitric, and if they have been pulled by iron sulfate. I extracted one powder with NaCO3 from the same solution after extracting with ferrous sulfate. Got a lot of powder, washed it in HCL and there is a lot left. I am currently drying it to expose it to nitrogen.
I'm interested in whether the metal can oxidize while drying like this on a low heat, or if oxidation still requires more. I don't want it to oxidize. Last night I tried to melt it with a burner, but I burned it. The powder was yellow-beige, beautiful and did not dissolve in either nitric or HCl. Errors creep up on me all the time.

I have not
I am currently washing the powder extracted with FeSO4.. it is washed in HCL, fried-dried, washed in HNO3, it settles. I plan to pull it off with Sodium Chlorate. The precipitate should be gold with admixtures of metals that do not dissolve in HCl and nitric, and if they have been pulled by iron sulfate. I extracted one powder with NaCO3 from the same solution after extracting with ferrous sulfate. Got a lot of powder, washed it in HCL and there is a lot left. I am currently drying it to expose it to nitrogen.
I'm interested in whether the metal can oxidize while drying like this on a low heat, or if oxidation still requires more. I don't want it to oxidize. Last night I tried to melt it with a burner, but I burned it. The powder was yellow-beige, beautiful and did not dissolve in either nitric or HCl. Errors creep up on me all the time.
You are doing a lot of things that are counter intuitive and sometimes make no sense.
I get that you somehow have found FeSO4 to be your preferred precipitant.
No problem.

Washing with HCl and water no problem.

But if you have Pd in the mix, Nitric will dissolve some of it.

What have you extracted with Sodium Carbonate?
Sodium Carbonate do not dissolve anything to my knowledge.
It is an alkali so it will neutralize the acid and crash metals out of solution as Hydroxides or Carbonates.
That is where your powders come from.

Why do you do this and where did you find this procedure?

If you want to get rid of your errors you need to start listening to advice and follow strict approved protocols.
These protocols need to be followed exactly as laid out.

You are doing a lot of things that are counter intuitive and sometimes make no sense.
I get that you somehow have found FeSO4 to be your preferred precipitant.
No problem.

Washing with HCl and water no problem.

But if you have Pd in the mix, Nitric will dissolve some of it.

What have you extracted with Sodium Carbonate?
Sodium Carbonate do not dissolve anything to my knowledge.
It is an alkali so it will neutralize the acid and crash metals out of solution as Hydroxides or Carbonates.
That is where your powders come from.

Why do you do this and where did you find this procedure?

If you want to get rid of your errors you need to start listening to advice and follow strict approved protocols.
These protocols need to be followed exactly as laid out.
I use sodium carbonate after iron sulfate in the same solution because I don't want to waste anything

if I get anything from him I will let you know

anything that doesn't dissolve in HCL is worth something :-D
Any Silica or many Oxides and some Hydroxides do not dissolve in HCl.
There are many "worthless" substances tat do not dissolve in HCl or Nitric or Aqua Regia and so on.
Actually most of the substances in nature do not dissolve in these acids.

Bilo koji silicij ili mnogi oksidi i neki hidroksidi ne otapaju se u HCl.
Postoje mnoge "bezvrijedne" tvari koje se ne otapaju u HCl ili dušičnoj ili Aqua Regia i tako dalje.
Zapravo se većina tvari u prirodi ne otapa u tim kiselinama.
Misliš kada se prah ekstrahira s NaCO3 ili općenito. Ako je ovo drugo, pravo je čudo dobiti čisto zlato.

You mean when the powder is extracted with NaCO3 or in general. If it's the latter, it's a real miracle to get pure gold.
I don't understand why you are dropping powders by neutralising the solution.
That is for waste treatment.

I don't understand why you are dropping powders by neutralising the solution.
That is for waste treatment.
So that I don't waste too much chemistry and that I don't have to boil. Tp work behind FeSO4 when working with a specific ore source.
When I have a smaller amount of solution and a larger concentrate, I work gradually. ammonium chloride, then more ammonium chloride + salt for palladium, then FeSO4 for gold. I've done it too many times. Several times.

So that I don't waste too much chemistry and that I don't have to boil. Tp work behind FeSO4 when working with a specific ore source.
When I have a smaller amount of solution and a larger concentrate, I work gradually. ammonium chloride, then more ammonium chloride + salt for palladium, then FeSO4 for gold. I've done it too many times. Several times.
You keep saying that.
Do you have metal to show?

There has to be some translation issues.
I can't see how the way you explain it can work.
What is your source of information for these processes?

This morning, I put the rest of the powder (extracted with CaCO3) that did not dissolve in either HCl or nitric acid to dissolve again in AR. When I filter it, I will take a picture, show and follow your instructions. I'm not sure what could possibly be in it because that part was left after the reduction with FeSO4

This morning, I put the rest of the powder (extracted with CaCO3) that did not dissolve in either HCl or nitric acid to dissolve again in AR. When I filter it, I will take a picture, show and follow your instructions. I'm not sure what could possibly be in it because that part was left after the reduction with FeSO4
You have done it many times you said.
Then you will have metal to show, right?

How do you extract something with CaCO3?
Where did you find this procedure?

You have done it many times you said.
Then you will have metal to show, right?

How do you extract something with CaCO3?
Where did you find this procedure?
couldn't find the threads, but weren't Baha bully and Midas mitch using similar procedures?

The metal that I melted and said painting would wait until tomorrow... it settles and I have to wash the powder several times because again after washing in HCl, then HNO3 and then in AR, a thin layer of light powder remained, and you would say metal. the solution didn't clear completely, so I didn't want to touch it. this is what the second metal powder looks like after washing in HCl and HNO3. maybe I'll dissolve this in AR and maybe I'll try to melt it. The photo makes it redder than it is, although it appears quite orange-red.

Attachments

• IMG_20160814_172113.jpg
    IMG_20160814_172113.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back