Richest Gold Mine on EARTH !!!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yet, the forum advice is to pour acids on this "Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) are a class of chemicals that occur naturally in coal, crude oil, and gasoline. They also are produced when coal, oil, gas, wood, garbage, and tobacco are burned. PAHs generated from these sources can bind to or form small particles in the air."... My point here is to offer any guidance to process e-waste is a known path to death... While at least creek rocks is a... Meh.. an unknown gamble. Yet here we promote e waste processing ?...and guidance how to process these things that cannot in fact be processed without "known" bad stuff getting in you.
You have completely missed the point.
Actually you have totally ignored all our procedures and methods.
I’m on a long away job and do not have the energy nor time to deal with this now.
If any if the moderators feel the need to deal with this just do so.
Or if anyone have an urge to explain how we deal with said components please feel free to do so.
You had an statement on proven facts and I called you out on that, you answered it with asking me to study more.
The proof is on YOU since you stated it not only as facts but proven facts.
So lets see the proofs!

Edit for clarification

Last edited:
....and yet the forum encourages the processing of e-waste with no such disclaimers (ie-DONT DO IT)... Rather, hell yeah, pour acid on it !!.

That just flat out is NOT true !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Granted - we get a lot of people coming here to the forum that have watched a few youtube videos that due to lack of understanding about the hazards of processing e-waste do really stupid things putting their life at risk as a result of the bad advice & mis-information they find on youtude

BUT --- once they find this forum - & we see that they are doing things that put their life at risk - those of us on this forum that have been doing this for MANY years chime in & FIRST inform them of TOXIC nature & hazards involved in doing this & NEXT start to educate them with the proper information & methods for doing this in SAFE manner

AND - because SAFETY is our GREATEST concern for the new members that come to this forum
- one of the FIRST things we OFTEN tell new members is to - STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING - until you have a FULL understanding of the hazards & TOXIC nature of this --- THEN - once we have instructed them down the path to doing this SAFELY we HELP them to pick up from where we told them to STOP

There are proper & SAFE ways/methods for going about the recovery & refining of PMs & it does not mater whether the source of those PMs are from e-waste, actual metal alloys/dore, or rocks/ore

That is the very purpose of this forum --- to instruct & teach new members proper protocols/methods for doing this SAFELY --- so that they do not continue down a path that puts their own life & the life of others AT RISK

Unlike youtube - this is NOT a place for people to just show off & get the attention of - "look at me & see what I am doing" --- this is a place where we instruct & teach people proper methods/protocols for doing this SAFELY

Being a member of this forum - in order to learn proper & SAFE methods of doing this - from those of us that have been at this for MANY years - is a privilege - NOT an entitlement - your privilege to be a member of this forum can & will be taken away if/when you - refuse to heed the instruction/advice to follow proper methods/protocols - especially if you continue to post UNSAFE methods/info &/or become argumentative/combative with those of us trying to teach you proper methods/protocols

You are ether here to learn - or you don't need to be here !!!

If attention (as misguided as it is) is all you seek I suggest you go start your own youtube channel --- I am sure you will get all the clicks/likes/follows you desire there

This is NOT the place for such foolish attention seeking --- this is a place for ACTUAL teaching/learning !!!!!!

Kurt

The Witwatersrand deposits have produced almost 40% of all the gold produced on earth since the beginning of time over 1.5 billion with a B ounce that's the equivalent of 305 million ounce deposits.
A very interesting deposit as it is the only one that was set down in two ways millions of years apart.
First, there was an ancient river that had cut through a very rich gold deposit and deposited a high concentration of place gold.
That river eventually dried up or simply been buried by geological actions over millions of years until it reached a sufficient depth in the earth's crust to be subjected to very high-temperature water under extremely high pressure where the second deposition of gold occurred.
Now being extremely rich in gold it was still far beyond the reach of humans for many more millions of years before eventually being discovered under south africa.
Now that is truly the riches deposit so far discovered by man not only content but history.
So from the start of this thread, I have only read a cluster of fantasy and misinformation.
Of use to no one, particularly the individual who has started this tread.

The major factors to consider in blender life, when using in this manner, are quality of the blender, strength of blade, and specific nature of the material being processed. Typically a few hours to a few hundred hours of run time.

If you go this route, get used blenders.

Time for more coffee.
I can probably get used blenders and coffee grinders cheaply at a huge flea market near me.

Yet, the forum advice is to pour acids on this "Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) are a class of chemicals that occur naturally in coal, crude oil, and gasoline. They also are produced when coal, oil, gas, wood, garbage, and tobacco are burned. PAHs generated from these sources can bind to or form small particles in the air."... My point here is to offer any guidance to process e-waste is a known path to death... While at least creek rocks is a... Meh.. an unknown gamble. Yet here we promote e waste processing ?...and guidance how to process these things that cannot in fact be processed without "known" bad stuff getting in you.
You're worried about PAHs.... which have been produced in STAGGERING quantities by human activity ever since the Industrial Revolution, and by your own information ARE PRODUCED BY PRETTY MUCH EVERY FUEL IN COMMON USE. They also don't react with HCl under most conditions, hence you can have plastic boards sitting in HCl for MONTHS, and nothing happens to them while the base metals are dissolved. Not to mention, HCl is usually STORED in plastic vessels.

But you're fine with dumping concentrated acids on large samples of rock, including NITRIC acids, which is a powerful oxidizer and could produce deadly fumes in large amounts given the volumes you've shown in reactions with a number of highly poisonous elements.

When I test a mineral, it's only with HCl, and in tiny amounts I can put into a test tube and carefully monitor the results.

The more you type, the more it's clear you do not understand the chemistry at all.

....and the winner is ?!!! Answer - The FORUM !! REDNECK, new plan. Finish the foolish 30g sample I dumped in AR, and hopefully survive. Then step 2.. back to concentrating and smelting, with the primary difference being this time I am going to reduce everything to 400 mesh. Good stuff folks, and appreciate the slung snot. Apologies offered to any who took offense. I hope it makes for a fun read to others who find themselves inside the thread one day. The lesson here being....ACIDS AND ORES *** DO NOT MIX ***. Leaching ore with Aqua Regia

Last edited:
....and the winner is ?!!! Answer - The FORUM !! REDNECK, new plan. Finish the foolish 30g sample I dumped in AR, and hopefully survive. Then step 2.. back to concentrating and smelting, with the primary difference being this time I am going to reduce everything to 400 mesh. Good stuff folks, and appreciate the slung snot. Apologies offered to any who took offense. I hope it makes for a fun read to others who find themselves inside the thread one day. The lesson here being....ACIDS AND ORES *** DO NOT MIX ***. Leaching ore with Aqua Regia
GO A WAY!!!

GO A WAY!!!
I will, but I'll lay a 100 to 1 bet u do before I do if you are messing with processing e waste or refining knowns or unknowns..... That is my embedded point.... Which by the way .. most have agreed with ... I'm done , lesson learned. Have u learned ? ... Or will balcklabel continue to refine....informed or not, 40 yrs experience or 1 yr. Process outside on bench or in 100M facility with all internal processing..... It's gonna kill ya based on what I've read ? Even folks working in corporate level multi-national corporations with all the bells and whistles, 100 million into the best safety equipment, etc., Have employees suffering from metals poisoning at a statistically significant level above nominal. Blacklabel, I think, will go away before I do.... I'm done.... But is he ? Hope all future readers understand my point. Refine and "GO A WAY".. or don't and stick around.

Last edited:
I will, but I'll lay a 100 to 1 bet u do before I do if you are messing with processing e waste or refining knowns or unknowns..... That is my embedded point.... Which by the way .. most have agreed with ... I'm done , lesson learned. Have u learned ? ... Or will balcklabel continue to refine....informed or not, 40 yrs experience or 1 yr. Process outside on bench or in 100M facility with all internal processing..... It's gonna kill ya based on what I've read ? Even folks working in corporate level multi-national corporations with all the bells and whistles, 100 million into the best safety equipment, etc., Have employees suffering from metals poisoning at a statistically significant level above nominal. Blacklabel, I think, will go away before I do.... I'm done.... But is he ? Hope all future readers understand my point. Refine and "GO A WAY".. or don't and stick around.
I have come to the conclusion that "BahaBully" is living up to his name.
Starts out with a very misinformed methodology and material.
Berates everyone who has tried to instill a little reason.
Then once people have had enough of the inane and insulting dialogue you take the completely opposite line of thought informing us we are all going to poison ourselves.
This is a very complicated subject if you have the ability to take an objective standpoint.
Over a number of years, you should be able to educate yourself to the point of operating and not killing yourself and others around you which is why Ms Hoke starts with small experiments as a part of learning safely.
If you have some issues with holding a cogent conversation and suffer from irrational and intrusive thoughts you are probably best looking at undertaking a different activity.
I actually do not believe you are anywhere as loopy as your posts are designed to lead us to believe.
I always derive much amusement from watching such posts as they give great insight into destructive mindsets.
Literally being offered an unrivaled education in a subject you purport to have an interest in, but you have let your personal issues rob you of the opportunity.
The methods are thousands of years old and have stood the test of time.
Most were here while the pyramids were scratchings in the sand and will continue probably very much unchanged until our species leaves this planet.
It is your choice as to how you interact with it, so far your methods have been wholly unproductive for you.
Would you not like to actually learn and achieve something worthwhile instead of playing with dirt like a child?

I have come to the conclusion that "BahaBully" is living up to his name.
Starts out with a very misinformed methodology and material.
Berates everyone who has tried to instill a little reason.
Then once people have had enough of the inane and insulting dialogue you take the completely opposite line of thought informing us we are all going to poison ourselves.
This is a very complicated subject if you have the ability to take an objective standpoint.
Over a number of years, you should be able to educate yourself to the point of operating and not killing yourself and others around you which is why Ms Hoke starts with small experiments as a part of learning safely.
If you have some issues with holding a cogent conversation and suffer from irrational and intrusive thoughts you are probably best looking at undertaking a different activity.
I actually do not believe you are anywhere as loopy as your posts are designed to lead us to believe.
I always derive much amusement from watching such posts as they give great insight into destructive mindsets.
Literally being offered an unrivaled education in a subject you purport to have an interest in, but you have let your personal issues rob you of the opportunity.
The methods are thousands of years old and have stood the test of time.
Most were here while the pyramids were scratchings in the sand and will continue probably very much unchanged until our species leaves this planet.
It is your choice as to how you interact with it, so far your methods have been wholly unproductive for you.
Would you not like to actually learn and achieve something worthwhile instead of playing with dirt like a child?
Sounds like you don't like me... haha. I do not believe reading Ms Holes book will prevent anyone playing with e-waste from poisoning themselves. The more I read on this topic the more convinced everyone in the forum messing with the stuff is probably already poisoned from it to some degree. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160412014002116

Sounds like you don't like me... haha. I do not believe reading Ms Holes book will prevent anyone playing with e-waste from poisoning themselves. The more I read on this topic the more convinced everyone in the forum messing with the stuff is probably already poisoned from it to some degree. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160412014002116
Please stop this thing now.

Your behavior is quite abrasive on the verge on corrosive, you do not listen to advice.

It seems like you do things just in spite to oppose the advice given, and in stead of studying to understanding your issues,
you trawl the net for information to discredit the users which have been trying to keep you alive and out of harms way.

If you had spent as much time studied assaying as you have used to find information to spite and discredit those users
you would have been mastering assaying now.

Stop it or go away, your choice mate.

Please stop this thing now.

Your behavior is quite abrasive on the verge on corrosive, you do not listen to advice.

It seems like you do things just in spite to oppose the advice given, and in stead of studying to understanding your issues,
you trawl the net for information to discredit the users which have been trying to keep you alive and out of harms way.

If you had spent as much time studied assaying as you have used to find information to spite and discredit those users
you would have been mastering assaying now.

Stop it or go away, your choice mate.
National Institutes of Health (.gov)
PubMed › ...
Lead poisoning in precious metals refinery assayers: a failure to notify workers at high risk

National Institutes of Health (.gov)
PubMed › ...
Lead poisoning in precious metals refinery assayers: a failure to notify workers at high risk
You were told to stop or go away. Still, you persist. As much as I hate to step in when another moderator has engaged with a member, I just can't take any more. bahabully has left the forum.

Dave

Now we are into a territory called "Transference".
I feel sorry for you and have concern for any life that can be observed in some sort of crisis.
I have never met you and think this is a bit of a facade to facilitate a form of "Trolling" you find amusing.
Technically you are seeking what we call in the trade "Narcissistic supply", not easily being able to generate a positive supply you instead are focusing on a negative supply which is evidently equally as nourishing to your condition.
We are not specifically electronic waste processors, in fact, that is the poorest material you will find us processing.
But as gold refiners, we have learned to deal with almost all toxic impediments to our work safely, sadly in the modern world this has become people with personality disorders.

Now we are into a territory called "Transference".
I feel sorry for you and have concern for any life that can be observed in some sort of crisis.
I have never met you and think this is a bit of a facade to facilitate a form of "Trolling" you find amusing.
Technically you are seeking what we call in the trade "Narcissistic supply", not easily being able to generate a positive supply you instead are focusing on a negative supply which is evidently equally as nourishing to your condition.
We are not specifically electronic waste processors, in fact, that is the poorest material you will find us processing.
But as gold refiners, we have learned to deal with almost all toxic impediments to our work safely, sadly in the modern world this has become people with personality disorders.
You might be right or wrong, but I’d prefer you to drop the characteristics.
We try to be polite and accommodating towards all members here, even mister Bahabully.

You might be right or wrong, but I’d prefer you to drop the characteristics.
We try to be polite and accommodating towards all members here, even mister Bahabully.
Seems a bit unfair to let someone cast aspersions on not only myself but the entire collection and be expected not to point out the abuse.
And it is a form of abuse.
I am actually in discussions with the treasury at this moment to reinterpret Gold imports and exports (VAT Notice 701/21) to include the cost of human management for the recovery of VAT attributed to gold production making it officially a recognized part legally of the gold recovery process.
My desk is approached twenty-five to thirty times a week by people with malicious intent screening them has become a vital part of my business and I am proud to say the system in place seems to be working very effectively.
It took a clinical phycologist a Phyciatrist and a frontline counselor on top of my experience as a conflict negotiator but we seem to have tied all the loose ends up.
Wish I had had this training forty years ago, it would have made my life so much more productive.

Interesting thread even if it was "out of bounds". I never thought cupelling would be that hazardous if you were outside but you are probably blowing off lead and mercury vapor in fairly large amounts among many unknowns.

Back