Tantalum Capacitor Scrap Purchasing -- International

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long time lurker but this is my first post.

How do you tell if the ceramic caps are tantalum? They all look the same lol

Open one up and if you see an almost black brick inside you know its tantalum. Capacitors shape may vary but inside its always dark gray, almost black.

Edit, I don't think you will find a ceramic tantalum capacitors. Tantalum capacitors are normally coated with different type of plastics which I don't recall the various types or in case of silver-tantalum the out side material I believe it to be aluminum.

Plz help to sort out tantalum caps

2nlzqf.jpg

What you guyz say about top crushed one in first column , that is with brass cover and my wire cutter not to cut it in two parts. Is it tantalum cap

kevin316 said:
Long time lurker but this is my first post.

How do you tell if the ceramic caps are tantalum? They all look the same lol

We have years of experience identifying the different types of capacitors - If you send us a picture of what you believe may or may not be Tantalum - We would be able to tell just by looking at the picture.

MarcoP said:
Open one up and if you see an almost black brick inside you know its tantalum. Capacitors shape may vary but inside its always dark gray, almost black.

Edit, I don't think you will find a ceramic tantalum capacitors. Tantalum capacitors are normally coated with different type of plastics which I don't recall the various types or in case of silver-tantalum the out side material I believe it to be aluminum.

There is no Aluminum / Tantalum Capacitors -- There is a Brass Cased / Tantalum Capacitors these are called Hermetic Tantalum Capacitors

wicky said:
What you guyz say about top crushed one in first column , that is with brass cover and my wire cutter not to cut it in two parts. Is it tantalum cap

I honestly cannot tell from the picture if the top left corner capacitor is Tantalum

I have tantalum SMD caps without epoxy, incinerated with IC, after recovering gold, i have tantalum with nickel electrode.

Note: these are recovered from strong nitric solution after dissolving copper and other base metals...

2n9caqq.jpg

wicky said:
I have tantalum SMD caps without epoxy, incinerated with IC, after recovering gold, i have tantalum with nickel electrode.

Note: these are recovered from strong nitric solution after dissolving copper and other base metals...

2n9caqq.jpg

Hello --

May you please send us a close up better quality picture of the product -- my email address is --- [email protected]

wicky said:

2n9caqq.jpg

We are absolutely interested in purchasing this material! - Please contact us at [email protected]

TantalumRecycle said:
davidalimoges said:
Hi all

Does anyone knows the weight of the capacitors from one reel of Tantalum SMD?

The reel weighs .35/Lb

Thank you for your answer, do you have a european partner company? I am asking this because of the high shipping cost from France to US

Back