The Best of Ebay

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, this item and all other long range locators, as they are sometimes called, are just another type of dowsing rod.

Here is a way to sell pure 24K gold shot at 150+% of spot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-00-Gram-999-9-CLEAN-PURE-FINE-24K-GOLD-NUGGET-SHOT-BULLION-NO-SCRAP-GUARRANTY-/172328119113?hash=item281f8e6b49:g:CMcAAOSwxg5XyL6W

Better yet, sell it in grains of gold as no one knows what they're getting in grams. (1 gram = 15.43 grains of gold)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-16-Grain-999-9-PURE-FINE-24K-GOLD-NUGGET-SHOT-BULLION-NO-SCRAP-GUARRANTY-/172328124151?hash=item281f8e7ef7:g:CMcAAOSwxg5XyL6W

glorycloud said:
Here is a way to sell pure 24K gold shot at 150+% of spot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-00-Gram-999-9-CLEAN-PURE-FINE-24K-GOLD-NUGGET-SHOT-BULLION-NO-SCRAP-GUARRANTY-/172328119113?hash=item281f8e6b49:g:CMcAAOSwxg5XyL6W

Better yet, sell it in grains of gold as no one knows what they're getting in grams. (1 gram = 15.43 grains of gold)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-16-Grain-999-9-PURE-FINE-24K-GOLD-NUGGET-SHOT-BULLION-NO-SCRAP-GUARRANTY-/172328124151?hash=item281f8e7ef7:g:CMcAAOSwxg5XyL6W

I like the 10% restocking fee.

Now this is what I call a rather large mark up.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/21-Grams-of-18ct-Pure-Welsh-Gold-Investment-Opportunity-/282138524970?hash=item41b0c43d2a:g:lNgAAOSwdzVXi5tI
Are they crazy if it is a true value of welsh gold I am going back to the hills to do some panning.

justinhcase said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/21-Grams-of-18ct-Pure-Welsh-Gold-Investment-Opportunity-/282138524970?hash=item41b0c43d2a:g:lNgAAOSwdzVXi5tI
Are they crazy if it is a true value of welsh gold I am going back to the hills to do some panning.

Wow..
21g of rings (plus a 1g stone..ooooohhh ahhhhh)
Then ten grammes of nuggets...

So... A bit less than an ounce for 50,000 GBP... Man... Uh..
Does anyone want to buy some welsh gold refined nuggets I have.. :twisted: (kidding)..

I have heard that its expensive..(thats how that one old chap got screwed by the emailing prisoner-conman)...but, my goodness...

Well an actual gold mine.
It is advertised for £2 but them say's it is two million pounds, eBay will not be pleased missing out on there 20%.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GOLD-MINE-FOR-SALE-read-description-carefully-/162192892285?hash=item25c373217d:g:s8MAAOSwSv1Xk-20

At 10.75 ppm to 8.75 ppm gold how much material would you have to move to pay it off and what kind of cost's.
:?:

At 8.75 to 10.75 grams a ton, I dont know. The profitability would be determined by their setup, skill, and if ebay caught on to their schemes lol

justinhcase said:

and what makes Welsh gold any more valuable than kardashian gold? doesn't matter if it came off greenboards or fatbutt 18K 21Gr is worth the same.

It might be harder to pronounce the mines name. Hope it wasn't from Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, wales. :lol: (yes, that is a real town name)

cyberdan said:
justinhcase said:

and what makes Welsh gold any more valuable than kardashian gold? doesn't matter if it came off greenboards or fatbutt 18K 21Gr is worth the same.

It might be harder to pronounce the mines name. Hope it wasn't from Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, wales. :lol: (yes, that is a real town name)

I have been to St Mary's Church in the Hollow of the White Hazel near a Rapid Whirlpool and the Church of St. Tysilio near the Red Cave,It is just the other side of Snowdonia quite lovely.
I think the first time I heard of Welsh gold getting a premium was the Charles and Diana royal wedding,being the Prince of Wales he used the wedding bands to promote the almost bankrupt gold mining industry,coal still have the odd pit going.
If people did not pay over market value the mine's that are left would never pay cost's.

justinhcase said:
I have been to St Mary's Church in the Hollow of the White Hazel near a Rapid Whirlpool and the Church of St. Tysilio.....the Charles and Diana royal wedding,being the Prince of Wales he used the wedding bands to promote the almost bankrupt gold mining industry,coal still have the odd pit going.
If people did not pay over market value the mine's that are left would never pay cost's.

Wow, Justin you said a mouthful. the closest I ever got to Wales was Chester (actually where I met my wife who is not British)

I have something called a touch coin. Maybe you can help? I think it is prince charles touch coin. It is gold and how I interpret it, is that they were made and then charles touched them to raise the price? (like the pope touching a rosary makes it worth more in the Vatican gift shop)

cyberdan said:
justinhcase said:
I have been to St Mary's Church in the Hollow of the White Hazel near a Rapid Whirlpool and the Church of St. Tysilio.....the Charles and Diana royal wedding,being the Prince of Wales he used the wedding bands to promote the almost bankrupt gold mining industry,coal still have the odd pit going.

Wow, Justin you said a mouthful. the closest I ever got to Wales was Chester (actually where I met my wife who is not British)

I have something called a touch coin. Maybe you can help? I think it is prince charles touch coin. It is gold and how I interpret it, is that they were made and then charles touched them to raise the price? (like the pope touching a rosary makes it worth more in the Vatican gift shop)

I think they use to have "Touch Coin's" in the time of William III as a way to pass on healing to people with out the need to touch them in person,but I have never heard of Prince Charles selling con's that have been touched.
It might be a thing,but it would not relay sit well over here.
He has large tracts of property,Organic farm's and produce under the "Duchy"(http://duchyofcornwall.org/)
all very reserved enterprises,They have most of the mint churning out there family portraits so it would be a bit crass to try and cash in beyond that.
Unless it was undertaken for a charity then he might have.

Edward VII incorporated Welsh gold in his regalia in 1911, followed by the Queen mother in 1923, followed by Queen Elisabeth and Prince Philip, Prince Charles, and Prince William and Kate Middleton. Effectively it's become tradition for the Royal family to make their wedding rings from the stuff.

It's an unofficial patronage and coupled with the rarity of the gold it means it's worth approx 3 times "world gold" prices. Cruise ships throughout the world sell gold rings with a "touch of welsh gold" in them for a premium, and many Americans buy them.

This is why it is worth so much.

Some of the info above is available on wikipedia and I know a jeweller who crafts these rings, and let's just agree that a touch of welsh gold is a touch.

You can actually determine welsh gold with a mass spectrometer as the footprint of contaminants from certain mines allows you to determine where it is from. Refining the gold destroys that footprint.

justinhcase said:
but I have never heard of Prince Charles selling con's that have been touched.
It could have been another "royal" they all look alike to me ;)

Actually I love the Broads. Justin you will know what I mean. Spent two weeks there on a 30 footer.

cyberdan said:
justinhcase said:
but I have never heard of Prince Charles selling con's that have been touched.
It could have been another "royal" they all look alike to me ;)

Actually I love the Broads. Justin you will know what I mean. Spent two weeks there on a 30 footer.
Never been to the Broads, spent a little bit of time on the Somerset Levels.
Regrettably such wet lands and water ways are in decline, still much proffer deep keels in any case.
All those flat bottomed boats and convoluted dagger boards are quite brittle when you are making good head way. :)

Provenance is often a factor in jewelry items, whether it's Welsh gold or Burmese rubies. The Royal Family is just helping to create that provenance--certainly less offensive (to me at least) than the pork-barrel politics I see US Senators playing.

Yes, the gold itself has an intrinsic value, and that's the same. Just like the gold in an old Pentium chip is worth the same as any other gold, but you'll get more from a collector if it's a chip with the FDIV bug, or whichever ones collectors favor.

For me to value an item above it's material value it has to have some thing that ignites my inner sole.
Music art or literature.Welsh gold is yet an other example of people falling pray to other peoples need to increase there profit.
The truth of the matter is that all the pick-able gold in Wales was taken by the Romans,any that has been mined in the last century and a half was from hard rock mining and was recovered by cyanide leach.
I doubt there would be enough lead isotopes left for any one to distinguish it from conventional sources.
and as the last mine closed in 1998 I find it hard to believe there is still an industry,The Welsh are not known for having saved a large stock pile.
The definition of "a touch" is open to interpretation and I had not heard of it in Devon .Usually much less than 1 percent of a gold the retailer assures you is special.I wish I could inflate my product value in such a way.
We have the rarest gold in the world in Torque,a very fine crystalline gold that have only been found in one other place in the u.s.
That I would pay for.

Attachments

• Hope'snose..jpg
    Hope'snose..jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 658
On an other subject I came across this.
I think it is a bit strange.
very well packed and quite a range of coins.
Is this how they ship Replicas out of China or a totally undocumented collection.
The receipt is a bit odd as well
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silver-bullion-coins-/291914296158?hash=item43f772ab5e:g:a~kAAOSwo4pYDbw1

That's some purty gold!

I don't agree with the extra value of "a touch of Welsh gold", either, just acknowledging that it's a (vaguely artificial) form of provenance.

That silver load is odd--they could all be authentic, but there's no attempt made to establish bona fides, and it's in crappy condition at that. Looks more like it "fell off the back of a truck" over a decade ago ;)

upcyclist said:
That's some purty gold!

I don't agree with the extra value of "a touch of Welsh gold", either, just acknowledging that it's a (vaguely artificial) form of provenance.

That silver load is odd--they could all be authentic, but there's no attempt made to establish bona fides, and it's in crappy condition at that. Looks more like it "fell off the back of a truck" over a decade ago ;)
I have recently seen some Morgan dollars that where all different dates and had very convincing artificial patina.
The Chinese have upped thee game in the last couple of year.
A proper receipt would list the denominations ,not 1,2,3, which is more like a Chinese menu.and who repacked them all in the exact same kind of container.Not the way I store nice coins.
Great deal at almost £28-34 an ounce

Back