The Best of Ebay

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another Best of Ebay Pentium Pro looking for the people who have a lollipop tatooed to their foreheads... :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pentium-Pro...948863?hash=item2a749b1c7f:g:o2wAAOSwaNBUkebs

About as lame as you can get with the pics.....Diddy-Mow? Buy it Now? Quite possibly Vietnamese because Diddy-Mow (American Version of "di di mao" which in Vietnamese means "Hurry the F*** Up")

Best part of it is, $.01 for shipping....

Hard to understand how this guy, after 500+ feedback, has maintained %100 rating....

Don't you think that this maybe a big p take for all the people that think that Pentium pro have 1g of gold in them!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

justinhcase said:
We have the rarest gold in the world in Torque, a very fine crystalline gold that have only been found in one other place in the u.s.
That I would pay for.

Hmmm, I've been to Torque, didn't see anything as pretty as that though. Just the inside of the shop I was fitting out. :)

rickbb said:
justinhcase said:
We have the rarest gold in the world in Torque, a very fine crystalline gold that have only been found in one other place in the u.s.
That I would pay for.

Hmmm, I've been to Torque, didn't see anything as pretty as that though. Just the inside of the shop I was fitting out. :)
Well there are no shop's down on Hope's Nose.
Though with the amount of souvenirs and junk jewellery they sell to the Grockels I am suppressed you did not find some thing.
http://www.minersoc.org/pages/Archive-MM/Volume_22/22-126-159.pdf

The best forged collectors coins have historically come out of Beirut and can fool even experts without time to check them out carefully, they have produced copies of just about every valuable coin from the Greek and Roman times up until the present day.

kane333 said:
I don't know if I'd be able to afford the shipping for this one... :eek:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CERAMIC-CPU...025411?hash=item1c77fb0b43:g:svQAAOSwj85YRGDY

$1500?!!!! Wow!
Ridiculous!

I feel like everything I look at on eBay is very over priced. Anyone who processes gold probably knows better, and I'm a newb, I've made stupid (small) purchases that the rookies make, but darn, who's buying these auctions? 1lb CPUs for $120? 2.2kg ram sticks like $200, it's bonkers.

It amazes me there are so many people out there taking advantage of others and making good money at it.

Should create an "internal" eBay clone for this forum, get some legit auctions from legit refiners/scrappers. eBay is definitely poisoned.

PS I'm Canadian so our dollar sucks. Lol. $100 US is like $130 here. No profit buying on eBay!

As many knows, I collect old computers, but even I would have classed this card as scrap.
Apparently there are more desperate collectors out there.

Old rusty board with a few golden circuits.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/152472519979?ul_noapp=true
Shows that even old crappy boards can have a value for collectors. :shock:

Göran

those intel chips with grey traces are some of the first to come out... they are highly sought after, even in rough shape... ill be interested to see how much that board goes for!

Yeah, it will be interesting to see where it ends, I have two complete computers with that board in it.
It is kind of historic, since this is the blueprint for the 8008 CPU, Datapoint wanted to have Intel build it as a single chip but when Intel didn't finish in time they went ahead and built it with discrete components instead.
This board is historic in it's own and I think many CPU-collectors might want it whole.

Datapoint has faded into history while we know what happened with the memory maker, Intel. :mrgreen:

Edit : This board already sold once for $200, but apparently it didn't go through... shill bidding?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-Computer-Terminal-Corp-Datapoint-2200-Main-Processor-Board-03-1-04-0019-/152451216719

Göran

In about 1972, I refined a lot of 70,000 of those same Intel ceramic, all gold plated, sidebraze ICs.

A powerful ultrasonic tank with a strong cleaner solution will do a good job cleaning those after removal from the board. Just make sure no fluorides go into the cleaning solution.

g_axelsson said:
As many knows, I collect old computers, but even I would have classed this card as scrap.

So when you buy a board, do you just expect it to be bad? I've still got access to loads of multibus stuff, but really just stopped picking through it because it has such a fickle market.

I've got probably 30 286 boards...I feel bad pulling the processors and scrapping it all out, but such is life I guess.

I had them on Ebay for a while, then stopped.

snoman701 said:
g_axelsson said:

So when you buy a board, do you just expect it to be bad? I've still got access to loads of multibus stuff, but really just stopped picking through it because it has such a fickle market.

I've got probably 30 286 boards...I feel bad pulling the processors and scrapping it all out, but such is life I guess.

I had them on Ebay for a while, then stopped.
My answer got out of topic so I put it here http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=25332 instead.

Göran

FrugalRefiner said:
g_axelsson said:
upcyclist said:
It looks like the winning bid on this one was $460. Zoiks!
Missing a link, we do? :wink:

Göran
I believe he's referring to the auction you posted about above. :p

Dave
You are correct, I checked the second link I posted. :oops:

Looking more carefully, it wasn't the same board but two different ones. The first one that went for $202 did not have the intel chips on it. The winner of the first auction bid $425 on the second auction but lost. No shill bidding in other words, just precious cards. :D

Göran

Back