The Best of Ebay

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes I weep for humanity
Check out the buy it now price

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Scrap-Gold-Pins-From-Old-Computer-Plugs-286-8-Grams/401919999576?hash=item5d944c7e58%3Ag%3A8UQAAOSw1qVdj-gY&LH_BIN=1

I rather look at it in a positive way.

People haven't lost optimism and hope yet! :mrgreen:

He could probably do that kind of money, but he has to melt it and sell it as gold drops.

Göran

I am toying with morally questionable idea to e-bay some IDE connector pins (yellow), separated from plastic, just metal...

Even though they look much nicer than that picture up there, I was thinking asking price about 150-200 eur/kg (opposed to 800+ eur/kg in the beforementioned auction)....

Am I shooting too low guys?

niks neims said:
I am toying with morally questionable idea to e-bay some IDE connector pins (yellow), separated from plastic, just metal...

Even though they look much nicer than that picture up there, I was thinking asking price about 150-200 eur/kg (opposed to 800+ eur/kg in the beforementioned auction)....

Am I shooting too low guys?

I don't think that paints you in a particularly honourable light mate if you excuse the candour. It's not something I would even consider.

anachronism said:
I don't think that paints you in a particularly honourable light mate if you excuse the candour. It's not something I would even consider.

I know, I know, it started just as a fun experiment - I found an old mill and wanted to see how would it handle IDE connectors - much better than expected, quick water separation later I'm left with stunningly beautiful pile of pins... That, +all the mad offers on e-bay, it can really test a mans integrity...

Maybe posting here about it is my subconscious cry for help, so I can try and talk myself out of this questionable venture :)

Johnny5 said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Scrap-Gold-Pins-From-Old-Computer-Plugs-286-8-Grams/401919999576?hash=item5d944c7e58%3Ag%3A8UQAAOSw1qVdj-gY&LH_BIN=1

Go spend some time in an elementary school...we, as the adults who will have to be taken care of by the future generation, should probably start praying for an asteroid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snoman701 said:
Johnny5 said:

Go spend some time in an elementary school...we, as the adults who will have to be taken care of by the future generation, should probably start praying for an asteroid.
butcher said:
snoman701,
I find that so funny, but sadly true.
I agree as well, and the truly sad thing is, it's not just elementary aged shildren, it's a large portion of kids under 30. My wife and I homeschooled all of our children. Back then it was easier to accomplish than in todays world.

Johnny5 said:
snoman701 said:
Johnny5 said:

butcher said:
snoman701,
I find that so funny, but sadly true.
I agree as well, and the truly sad thing is, it's not just elementary aged shildren, it's a large portion of kids under 30. My wife and I homeschooled all of our children. Back then it was easier to accomplish than in todays world.

I'm on kid # 6 (12 years) and 5 (13 years old) right now and if i had to put anymore children through school it would NOT be public education. I served as an auxiliary board member in the absence of any active board members on my local school board. The things i have seen and had to deal with not only from the parents, but the bureaucracy of the system assures me beyond any doubt that we are regressing as a species and not advancing.

Not all, but a large enough majority

Palladium said:
I'm on kid # 6 (12 years) and 5 (13 years old) right now and if i had to put anymore children through school it would NOT be public education. I served as an auxiliary board member in the absence of any active board members on my local school board. The things i have seen and had to deal with not only from the parents, but the bureaucracy of the system assures me beyond any doubt that we are regressing as a species and not advancing.

We have 2 that are much much older. We had 3 but lost our oldest in Afghanistan almost a decade ago.

Johnny5 said:
Palladium said:

We have 2 that are much much older. We had 3 but lost our oldest in Afghanistan almost a decade ago.
So very sorry for your loss.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

just saw 12kg russian tantalum silver k53 capacitors on ebay £199 ono sounds a bargain except theyre aluminium not tant definately not silver, lol wouldve been nice though if they was

rickzeien said:
Johnny5 said:
Palladium said:

So very sorry for your loss.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Don't know how I missed this. Thank you so much.

Thought you guys would get a big kick out of this one.
21% yield rate. Check out his other sold auctions, and current ones, where he's trying to sell a single stick of ram for $50.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/CYBER-MONDAY-SALE-ONE-DAY-ONLY-5-GRAMS-GOLD-SCRAP-GOLD-21-HIGHEST-YIELD-RATE-NR-/164547938426?hash=item264fd2487a%3Ag%3ABf0AAOSw0ZtfxJ5-&nma=true&si=PCoEo7k6Ir8cydOHSgN4Uidqkkw%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Back