VERY bad report for cash4gold.com Beware!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's probably nothing that can be done. Places like Cash4Gold don't seem to be breaking laws. They're just giving lousy returns.

The public should be educated. The only way I know to do this is with a website. I just bought the goldscraptruth.com domain this morning. When I will get around to building the site is a mystery. I'll try to get on it soon. Any ideas on what it should include? I haven't thought much about it yet. Lots of possibilities. I probably will include a forum.

maybe something like mini exchange for people.... you will always have people willing to sell and willing to buy. something like mini ad place where they can contact each other or put an ad for selling their gold - something like that... plus all stories and links about all that cash4gold like companies...

Good idea! It could be done on the forum and I could make comments on the items, to keep things honest and fair. They can't get that anywhere else. I could also comment on Ebay stuff. Articles could be on refiners, buyers, scams, evaluation, etc.

GSP.. I like that idea.. helluva task tho. :?

It would be nice tho, to have a place where people could sell their stuff for reasonable prices. *Just to state the obvious for anyone thinking of buying on Ebay, craigslist etc,*: sellers expect "melt" prices for their values, be they gold, silver, platinum; not realizing (or caring) that it costs money to recover/refine them. Perhaps a safer place where the buyers are just as educated on expected yields (and the effort it takes to recover them) as the sellers would be a great idea! (not that it would keep the folks who are making a killing on Ebay selling their pipe dreams to the folks that buy them).

Anyone know if the domain name crocks4cash is taken? :lol:

There are plenty out there bringing lots more.

http://www.crockerfarm.com/

Got any crocks in your closet gathering dust???

Well ive seen many different prices given during my time of buying scrap.

The funny thing is its not all about the price, id say 80% of the time its got to do with trusting of that person.

I.E 2 of my customers are a good example:

customer 1 buys at a good price (say $2 per gram below what im buying off him) but his store is in a average location and he's a pawnbroker so some people are weary.

customer 2 buys at a rubbish price (more than $10 per gram under from what i buy off him) but his shop is in the heart of the city, is a gold merchant and has established a solid reputation for being honest (lol funny eh).

Out of the two customer 2 does 5 times more buying of scrap ( i buy about 4-5 kg's per month just of him).

Remember buying off private people there is always going to be higher margins since the repeat business stops, but for customer who is a gold runner (thats what i call them) obviously they want to make money so there has to be an incentive.

qst42know said:
There are plenty out there bringing lots more.

http://www.crockerfarm.com/

Got any crocks in your closet gathering dust???

"Holy frijole, Batman!" :shock: World record crock sold for $86k?!?!?

psssht.. recession-smession! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Age... I'm always going on there and then using the Jackhunt scrap calculator and prices are consistently right at the very limit of the spot price for that day.. it's crazy! but the jeweler brokers aren't the ones I was referring to in that last post.. I was referring to the guy that has "100 grams gold plated connector pins.. military, heavy gold plated!!" for like fifty-bucks..

jewelry gold, even scrap, has an inherent value due to craftsmanship, etc.. Billy-bob who managed to get his hands on the pile of computers at the local junkyard, well.. I digress.. :wink: :D

I'd love to learn how to get into the jewelry/ gold runner business, but it's the initial capital.. how does one even think of getting started with only a "couple hundies" sittin' in the ole' checking?..

:!: :idea: :!: :idea: maybe I could get a flashy business card.. and a badge.. yeah a badge with my picture on it so I look like a professional :lol: (thank you Napoleon Dynamite for the great quote! :) )

I personally work in a hospital and have spread the word that I Buy. I have been getting a steady amount of Karet gold and the word is spreading. I offer lots more then Cash4Gold, but still low enough to make a profit against market value.

Some of it is so nice my wife has taken to using it. :)
I suggest you put out the word by low and a little and build up as you go. Check out garage sales for items and ask if any is for sale... Asking is easy and can really pay. These are some of the things I do that work for me.

Ray

Sounds like a good idea - there is a lot to cover, and a lot of people to educate.

goldsilverpro said:
There's probably nothing that can be done. Places like Cash4Gold don't seem to be breaking laws. They're just giving lousy returns.

The public should be educated. The only way I know to do this is with a website. I just bought the goldscraptruth.com domain this morning. When I will get around to building the site is a mystery. I'll try to get on it soon. Any ideas on what it should include? I haven't thought much about it yet. Lots of possibilities. I probably will include a forum.

goldsilverpro said:

Well, I know between you, Steve, Noxx and Harold the data you all have come up with on yields, etc has been really in depth and saved a lot of headaches for anyone who has taken the time to read them and understand them. Honestly, I would probably keep that info for paying members, nothing extravagant, but at least enough to cover the costs of the domain, maintenance, etc.. but I think personally, charts would be a real asset. Say a forum member stumbles across a listing, perhaps on ebay, "large lot 26 pounds scrap computer memory" and perhaps there's some details in the listing that could help cross-reference it.. you go to goldscraptruth.com, look it up and find out through some quick math it may only yield ~5 grams of Au, ~15 grams silver, etc.. then you do some quick math to see that it would take 3-5 gallons of HCL, x- amount of H2O2, Clorox, etc.. and decide "ehhhh.. not worth the yield" or conversely "yeah, that sounds like it would top off my scrap heap nicely"..

:idea: I think easily found data, organized by subject without having to go thread by thread would be of immense value.. :D

I'd certainly be willing to chip in, not to mention help in other ways if you needed.. not sure what use you would have for me, my knowledge of chemistry, etc is rather lax, but I am good at organizing, copy-editing (yes, believe it or not, I'm very good at writing versus the "e-language" of posting on a forum) so if you ever needed help with stuff like that I could certainly help you out. PM me if you need any help or anything, you've always been helpful to me in the past when I had questions.. ;)

Well, here is a wild take on the Cash 4 Gold types and the "home gold parties."

This is a post on another forum---
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,268502.msg1929411.html#new

Check out the link to the source site at the bottom of that post, too.

Also note the date of the post---It's been up for a couple of weeks. Not one reply at this time. Seems like those forum members are speechless about it. True...False...Somewhere in between? Nobody is making any comments!

I checked the home page of the site linked-to on the post, and I Googled the name of that site, and there are lots of pages from other sites referring to it.

Does anyone have any idea if this is a sham or could be true?

I've met and had some dealings with the owner of cash 4 gold, spent some time in his old refinery, and I have a much longer relationship with another employee of his. Believe me, he is not in business to benefit the government.

Does anyone know who is running the "gold party" rings?

Link: "The Fed is dangling the “golden carrot” in front of these private people they have hired to hold the gold buying parties. According to this metals dealer, the Fed is paying these people $1,335 per ounce for the gold they buy at these parties. That is not a bad profit considering that gold is about $930 per ounce now."

The extra margin could help C-4-G types pay for the multi-million dollar TV advertising.

On the other hand, the 321gold post could be an attempt to get people to buy more gold and silver now, and drive the price up.

Back